Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Nearly 7 months on after losing my friend and still hurts loads

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
So as some of you may know. I lost my friend on Sep 6th 2016 in a car accident. Even to this day it still hurts as if it just happened. Is it normal to feel like this?
​I guess it hurts me to me then other of my friends because I did go through a car accident back in 2015 where I lost my child so that's always a flashback when I think about my friend!

​Need as much support as possible right now as still finding things really difficult

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear about what's happened,I lost some one a few weeks ago and I empathise with you. Loosing some one is never easy and grief manifests in different ways,even though it's not always obvious and do you know what, it's absolutely normal to feel the way you do because grief has no time scale. It makes complete sense and what makes it harder is the circumstance in which both loved ones so there's the added pain.

Sometimes it doesn't feel real and sometimes it's all too much to comprehend but all you know is that it hurts. You're doing something that's very good and talking about it. It's that's probably one of the best things you could be doing right now instead of keeping it all in. I finally managed to talk to someone today and felt bit better so I know how much talking helps.

Take as much time as you need, everything you are feeling is warranted and by all means valid. Not everyday is going to be a good day but I can tell that you're fighter and you'll get through it (in your own time of course).

V *hug*
  • Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
    Hi Notagainvitelina. Thanks for the reply. Its so hard with what happened even with it being so long ago. So sorry to hear you lost someone a few weeks, always here for you if u need to chat, just send me a PM. I'm glad u said its normal to feel the way I do that makes me feel slightly better. Yeh it still doesn't feel real that she has gone and will never come back! Its hard for me to talk about but I felt I couldn't keep it to myself any longer!!! Thanks for saying I'm a fighter, I'm trying its never easy! Always here for you too. Take a long at some of my other threads when u can x thanks x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I read your message and teared up a bit, I've cried enough today lol

I'll have a look at some of your threads and please, don't be afraid to post how you're feeling or how you're getting along, even if it's good or not so good because you don't have to go through this alone x

V*hug*
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry ti hear this. I can't say I know how you feel but we are here for you. And only can imagine how much it hurts. But youre very strong. Keep posting if it helps:) we are here yo support you.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry to hear you have been crying today, I have too!!! always here if u need to chat to someone. Thanks for looking at some of my threads means a lot. Thanks for saying I don't have to go through this alone means a lot and ill post on here with how I'm getting on when I get the time! Ive got work 7-4;30 the next 2 days and probably 11-8;30 on Thursday and I go away on Friday-Monday. Ill always reply when I can so drop me a message if you ever need anything. Need to try and sleep now considering I got to be up at 5;45!!!!
    Hi Shaunie. Thanks for the reply. Thanks for saying people are here for me, that means a lot. It hurts so much and I'm trying to be strong but its not easy. thanks for saying I'm a strong person means a lot. I will keep posting as it does helps, thanks
    Hi Aidan. Sorry it taken so long to reply but things have been hard for me recently. I'm still struggling to cope with the loss of my friend from September but also since the 2 weeks ago I lost another friend. Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to stay strong but its not that easy when I have so much going on at the moment