Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

4 Tattoos- Starting to come additive!! Finally told my parents

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
As you all know ive been struggling to speak to my parents about my tattoos as I know they aren't found of them at all! I made the decision on my 20th birthday to speak to my mum about it and I explain how I was feeling about having these tattoos and she was really understanding. I now have 4 tattoos which I love lots. After speaking to my mum she actually took me to get a tattoo done on the 24th after my birthday on the 18th of March as I said I wanted one of a heart on my leg so she said she would pay for it for me.

So the tattoos I now have:
​Stay strong with a feather on my wrist- done to remind me to stay strong when things are tough
​Forever in my heart on my other wrist- done to remind me of my friend that I lost in Sep 2016
​Family with leaves and birds on my ankle- done to remind me family is important
​Heart tattoo on my leg

​To anyone that is struggling to speak to someone about the tattoo remember its better to do it earlier rather than later, my mum said I should told her straight away but she understood why I would find it hard to when she is so against tattoos.

Comments

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Thats really good that your mum understood! Im really pleased.

My mum hates tattoos and she took me and payed for my first one. I now have 5 which are..
    A semicolan on my thumb
    Stay strong on my wrist
    Birds on my neck
    Mom and a little love heart on my shoulder
    And
    A bow on my ankle

I want another one..I did want a rose on my shoulder but I thought lastnight of a dandelion you know the ones you blow on them and they disperse while making a wish. Something along them lines I think but I dont know where atm so I need to do a little more thinking.

Good message though! To tell parents about tattoos sooner or later as they will find out.
  • Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
    Hi Lostsense .Thanks for the reply x Yeh I'm glad my mum understand. Oh right nice. Nice to know you have a stay strong one on your wrist too. Yeah I want a rose on my shoulder too but then all my tattoos have reasons so far which is why my mum didn't mind me having them done but a rose wouldn't have a meaning to it. I'm coming addicted to tattoos !!!!! oh right fair enough. Yeh its best to tell your parents sooner rather than later. I'm always here for you Lostsense if you need anything, just send me a PM
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Thankyou lovely xx
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
    Hiya,

I've been reading some of your posts and wanted to say that its great ur mum is understanding in how this makes u feel and that u can tell her. I want a rose on my wrist, it'd cover up a few faint scars and it has a strong meaning for the place to, I really like the one I keep drawing on (although I told my step mum I would stop drawing it on because she thinks the ink goes on the sheets, I miss it not being there lol) they sound like awesome tattoos and so do yours Lostsense :)
    I feel good that she now knows and understands my reasoning behind them. Sounds nice. they are awesome tattoos but I'm starting to come addicted.
    I recently got another tattoo, got an arrow on my leg, its the most painful one ive got done but I love it. Is it bad to get addicted to having tattoos'? Also want to get some piercings but I'm scared!!
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    It's wicked to see you managed to tell your parents, Laura. Good on you, and even better that they understood!

I had a quick look online for some info on tattoo addiction, but couldn't find anything I'd feel confident in posting here. I guess you can think about it like anything else - if it's coming at the cost of harm/damage to yourself or you're not sure why you're getting them, then it might be worth re-considering whether it's a good thing to continue with, but if you just really enjoy body-modifications like tattoos then there isn't necessarily anything wrong with that and you've no need to feel guilty about it. :)

Ultimately, I guess it's down to how you feel about getting these tattoos (or piercings, etc.). I get the impression your instincts might be telling you something isn't quite right? :chin: Correct me if I'm wrong, of course!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Hi Mike. Yeh I managed to speak to my parents and yeh they understood. Yeh I love getting the tattoos especially as they all have meanings for me! I also want to get some piercings. Yeh I get the impression something isn't right by keep wanting more tattoos and about wanting piercings