Want to tell us about your experiences using The Mix and be in with a chance of winning a £200 Amazon Voucher? Click here to go to our survey!
We are now trialing a points system in an effort to be clearer about the consequences for breaking community guidelines. Head over to this thread to find out more and give your feedback :)

Medication change up..

KaydenKKaydenK Posts: 211 The Mix convert
Hello, so i saw my GP earlier. He apologised for the crisis team not mentioning i will gain weight with mirtazapine. He has changed it to Sertraline 50mg. He wants to tackle my anxiety and eating disorder as it has flared back up but wont give me lorazepam again. He is going to speak to the psychiatrist at the gp surgery to see if they will let him increase my Risperidone without waiting weeks for an appointment as he knows the crisis team were going to weeks ago but i stupidly refused help from them. He has also put me on Zopiclone.

Anyone been on Sertraline? If so, what were your side effects?

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 5,202 The Mix Elder
    Heeey. Glad you're getting the right medication :)
    I've been on sertraline. My side affect we're feeling sick, being sick, dizziness and massive massive eye pupils. So went to half a pill.
    I'm not sure what 50 mg is

But hope you dont get any side affects.
    The moon taught me: its okay to go through phases. 🌙 The sun taught me : no matter how many times you go down, keep rising🌤
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,331 Fanatical Poster
    I too have been on Setraline I didnt have any side affects.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi @KaydenK,

I haven't been on any medication for anxiety but I just wanted to say that, it's good to hear that you've been given some new medication. I hope it works better for you.

Have a lovely day :)