Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

People who boast about the stupid things they've done, as though they're achievements

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do many people boast about bad/stupid things that they've done, seemingly wanting praise/recognition? They seem to think that there's some sort of competition as to who can be the worst. Examples I've heard include how drunk they've got and the subsequent fights they've been in, the prison sentences they've served, that they smoke 40 cigarettes a day, how they managed to flood their flat and jumping from a third floor balcony into a swimming pool. Someone boasted that he'd burgled every house on his street by the time he was 15, as though that made him some sort of adolescent prodigy.

Are these things widely considered to be achievements in the underclass? Do they think that doing those things makes them superior?

According to these people I'm "boring", a "wimp" and a "faggot" because I've not done those things.