Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Staff being lazy on Fridays

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At a few places I've worked at, most of the staff would put a lot less effort and concentration into their work on Fridays (particularly during afternoons) than they did on other days - and that would be tolerated by the boss. I put the same amount of effort in regardless of which day of the week it was. When I'd ask colleagues something about a particular case or needed their assistance with something, they'd reply by saying things like: "I couldn't give a shit - in a couple of hours time I'll be in the pub getting pissed!" or "Ask me some other time - not on a Friday afternoon, for fuck's sake!". On some of those occasions, I'd have a client on the phone who needed an answer then and there - but couldn't get it because most of my colleagues were mentally elsewhere and thinking only about how drunk they were going to get that night.

Is there a way I can effectively tackle that? At each workplace I tried telling the manager of this problem, but all of them were lazy on Fridays as well and therefore sided with my be-lazy-on-Fridays colleagues.