Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Re-entering the community

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello.

Since July I've been under section in hospital, In April I'm due to be leaving hospital, I've barley spent anytime at all in the community so im really anxious about how I'll cope when i do return back to society.

Does anybody have any tips?

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I don't really have any tips sorry but I hope you are okay. *hugs*
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Leave over 4 weeks for example have 3 nights out each week for the last 4 weeks before you leave alltogther that is my tip
  • micamica Deactivated Posts: 98 Budding Regular
    Hi Redhead,

Along the lines of what Lostsense said, it could be helpful for you to slowly transition back. So, you might see if you can arrange a few outings for yourself (first just going out for a few hours, then maybe for the whole day, then maybe for a night, etc). This can help you ease yourself back into society without it being a huge shock/overwhelming.
    It's so brave and responsible of your to plan ahead like this and try to manage your transition. Please let us know how it goes and how you're feeling.

Hope that helps!
    - Mica