Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to deal with a row breaking out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A few times, I've been visiting people at their houses, after being invited to do so, when a blazing row has broken out. The rows have never involved me and were nothing to do with me. It made me feel very uncomfortable and I'd like to know how to deal with such situations, should I be unlucky enough to be in that situation again.

I don't understand why they feel the need to have a row when they have guests - does anyone know why many people do this? If they really enjoy having a shouting match and feel a strong need to do so, why don't they do that before their guests arrive - or after they've left?

I don't know the full story, so I can't solve their problems. If I try to break things up, I could inadvertently make the row longer, louder and become the centre of it. In addition, some people seem to really love shouting with hatred at the top of their voices and don't want a solution.

Has anyone here suffered being in the same situation? If so, what did you do and did it help?