Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need a hug

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
Ever since my cousin has been unwell (middle of Jan) and had to have a major op and now starting his chemo I feel that the whole world is on top of me. I feel I have the pressure to keep working to support the family and also the pressure to be strong and not let my emotions show infront of my younger sister and rest of my family!

​I just feel every night I need my aunt here to tell me everything will be okay and help me thorugh this situation. Every night I stay up for ages trying not to cry and trying to tell myself things will work out in the end. I just need my auntie by my side every night to tell me that everything is going to be okay or at the end of the phone. She has been away for 3 weeks now so this hasn't been possible and my sleeping patterns are starting to suffer. She is back on the 5th!

​IS it normal to feel like this?! I just need my auntie and a cuddle every now and then to tell me things will be okay. MY family don't know how weak I'm really am as deep down I'm crying inside and this whole situation is putting me down but to them I'm just trying to be brave and keep strong

Comments

• Options
    Hi Aidan, thanks for the reply. Yeah things are hard for me at the moment, I have sent you a PM so message me back when you can.
    ​Yeh I feel I need to be strong for the sake of my family and I don't find it easy to talk to my family about how I'm feeling about things, I'm more comfortable talking to my aunt then my immediate family but that's because of whats happened in the past. Ill probably just speak to my auntie about it when she gets home from holiday on Sunday and see what she suggests.
    ​Yeah I feel that I want my auntie around me at the moment but its not possible as she is away and even when she is back she lives an hour and half away from us. I just feel I need her by my side at the moment to tell me everything will be okay. She has helped me though a lot recently and right now I just want her with me. She has been there though times when ive just felt like giving up and I wouldn't be the person I am today without her help. She has helped me when ive been upset and she has kept things from my parents because she knew it was best to.
    ​I hope my cousin is okay but until we hear from him you just think the worse
    ​I'm always here for you too Aidan. thanks

See some of my other posts that ive posted threads on in the last 24hours!: :
    ​Tattoo pain- 3 tattoos in and still haven't spoken to my parents
    ​Back to work after a broken foot
    ​Over a week since my cousin started chemo- still worried- is this normal

​Some of my other posts that could read:
    ​Not feeling myself recently
    Today is the day!!!
    ​Family Relationship
    Death

​Have a read of some of my other posts and I will look at yours x
  • Options
    DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Laura,

Hope you're feeling better today! What you're going through is really tough so really well done for coming on here and posting about it! Really brave of you <3 Try not to feel like everything depends on you because both you and your whole family deserve to feel happy. It's perfectly normal to feel the way you are, as most people would in this situation, but your mental health is just as important so don't forget to look after yourself too.

Hope to speak soon,
    Hugs from Drea*hug*
  • Options
    Hi Drea, thanks for the reply. not feeling any better too be honest. thanks for saying that I was brave to post it and yeah what I'm going through is really tough. Ill try not to think that everything depends on me but its hard not to at the moment. work has been hard the last few weeks as well which hasn't helped matters. good to hear that's its normal because I just sometimes feel its just me overthinking stuff. I'm trying to look after myself but its not easy!
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Loads of hugs Laura
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    Hi Laura, nothing wrong with needing a hug. Here's a vertual one *hugs*! I hope things start to look up for you soon.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Thanks Lostsense and Elleloveschocolate for the replies. I'm trying to be positive but its so hard
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Laura12345 wrote: »
    Thanks Lostsense and Elleloveschocolate for the replies. I'm trying to be positive but its so hard

I know it is lovely! I'm thinking about you evan when I'm offline💜💚