Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Over a week since my cousin started chemo and still worried, is this normal?

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
So last Wednesday my cousin started his chemo and ever since its been constantly on my mind and this is partly because ive heard nothing from him or his family since. It has got to a stage when I know its effecting my concentration and focus at work. I have told a supervisor at work on Sunday what is going on so they are aware and they said if work could help in anyway to let them know. Its got to a stage when I don't want to be on tills at work because I don't want have to deal directly with customers because of whats going on at the moment. I did have my own section but ive been taken off that for a few weeks and when I asked to go back on it the supervisors wouldn't let me. its got to a stage when I need to go back on my section at work and not be on tills or id rather not be working at all. I don't know how to go around speaking to my supervisor about this. I just feel it may help to just be on my section because I then have a distraction as I will have to focus on keeping the section tidy whereas when I'm on tills my mind is distracted and I don't want it to show to customers that I'm upset. It got to a stage when during a meeting on Monday with the store manager I was trying not to cry because I couldn't stop thinking about what I was going through, the 2 other staff members in the meeting could tell I wasn't myself and trying to hold back the tears and after the meeting was over and the store manager had left they checked I was ok.

Comments

• Options
    Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
    Hi Aidan. Yeh its hard to try and continue to work when things are going on outside of work. Yeah I'm going to try and ask to go back to my old section when I get to work tomorrow. Yeah I'm close with some of the staff and they know what I'm going through and are trying to help me as much as possible. The person who is on my section prefer tills so we are hoping to swap back and she said she will come with me if needed on Saturday to try and get us swapped. I feel I need to work to support my family its just hard to at times. I will take time off if its gets any worse. Thanks Aidan means a lot, here for you too x