Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I feel confusing, possible trigger?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm currently sat at my placement about to go off to a school to do some training about peer mentoring, and i'm just kinda sat here but not here? If that makes sense.
I don't feel particularly upset or angry or anything like that, I just feel like I'm drowning in life and that any second I'll just collapse. As if there's always something at he back of my mind waiting. It's really hard to explain but I just feel kind of separate to everything and that if I hurt myself it won't really matter because its just psychical? I dunno, anyone any idea what I'm feeling?

Comments

• Options
    DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Sammy,
    Hope you're feeling a bit better from this morning. We aren't experts here really but have you felt this way before? Do you know maybe what triggered these feelings? Young people do often experience feelings like this sometimes especially at school. Sometimes it can just get a little too much! Do you feel like you're maybe doing too much work and not raking time for yourself perhaps? Maybe taking a chilled day out to watch your fav movies or eat your favourite foods?
    Look forward to hearing from you,
    Drea:heart:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm at university so I have placement and uni work and social life to fit in. Can feel overwhelming sometimes.
    I feel like it quite a lot, nothing has to happen to make me feel like either. It's kind of like feeling nothing. So I dunno if been busy is what causes it as I've had it longer than I've been busy, it's more like emotional draining
    When I do have days off all I can be bothered doing is just laying in bed watching TV
  • Options
    DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    I understand completely how you feel with the university work. It can get quite hectic. Maybe you could do with some more social interaction if you're up for that? Go out with friends, and exercise is also often helpful if you can find time for it!

Drea:heart: