Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

highly important!!

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
On a train to London and I feel really sick and dizzy. I don't know what to do. Do I go and find the guard? Don't even know where he is.
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    As a motion-sickness sufferer, I can appreciate how crappy this is!

Most trains or other forms of public transport usually have someone you can alert if you feel unwell and need some sort of medical attention - any member of staff you can grab on a train should be able to help. They usually base themselves at one end of the train, but you can also tell a passing ticket inspector.

If it's a long journey, what you can do is get off at your next stop if you need to and then get on the next train from that station. To my knowledge, they're okay with you doing that and using the same ticket when you get on again.

Generally speaking, if anything medically urgent like this comes up then it's best to give 111 a call. They can provide you with quick medical advice - something the boards aren't really geared up for. ;)

I hope you're feeling a bit better and/or found someone to talk to!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Mike wrote: »
    As a motion-sickness sufferer, I can appreciate how crappy this is!

Most trains or other forms of public transport usually have someone you can alert if you feel unwell and need some sort of medical attention - any member of staff you can grab on a train should be able to help. They usually base themselves at one end of the train, but you can also tell a passing ticket inspector.

If it's a long journey, what you can do is get off at your next stop if you need to and then get on the next train from that station. To my knowledge, they're okay with you doing that and using the same ticket when you get on again.

Generally speaking, if anything medically urgent like this comes up then it's best to give 111 a call. They can provide you with quick medical advice - something the boards aren't really geared up for. ;)

I hope you're feeling a bit better and/or found someone to talk to!

I ended up passing out on the train when it reached Waterloo station. Was taken care of by staff after someone on the train went to get help and then i was sent on my way. - so embarrassing!!
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    I hope you are okay today Jess? I know how embarrassing that is as I had a similar thing when I was younger... used to happen to me all the time!

Take care of yourself.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”