Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Talking at work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I've decided to talk to my supervisor about my self harming. I hadn't injured myself for the first 2 1/2 years in my job which I was super pleased with but over the past 6 months I've started again, recently it's become ever other day. And everywhere, it's got so bad recently I did it at work, nothing major just a tiny cut. I need to tell someone and I decided who I'm just so scared about loosing my jobs and friends. I was gonna do it today but I barely saw my supervisor and I won't see them now until Friday, any advice or help?

Comments

• Options
    micamica Deactivated Posts: 98 Budding Regular
    Hi Flying_hope,

I think it's really brave of you to reach out to someone about your self harm. I obviously can't say for sure, but i would think that your supervisor would be pleased that you reached out to them for help and would encourage you to get help to reduce your self harm. It's hard to predict how people will respond, but I will tell you that it is common for people to be worried about telling their supervisor/friend/family, but in the end the person ends up being very receptive and it strengthens the relationship. if you haven't already seen your supervisor and told them, I send you positivity and luck!
    If you want to, let us know how it goes!

- Mica
  • Options
    So as expected, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I could message them asking to talk to them but I don't want to stress them out too :/
  • Options
    Ok I told him this morning, he wasn't exactly pleased which I expected but he's been awesomely supportive so far, hoping it's the beginning of the end right?
  • Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Well done for talking to him as it's the first steps to getting the support which you need. Glad to here that he is being supportive some people may find it difficult as they may not expect it and it may come as a shock. Well done for speaking out and seeking help, I hope the support continues. Well done
  • Options
    Well done for talking to him as it's the first steps to getting the support which you need. Glad to here that he is being supportive some people may find it difficult as they may not expect it and it may come as a shock. Well done for speaking out and seeking help, I hope the support continues. Well done

Thank you :)
  • Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer

Thank you :)

no problem