Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Domestic Abuse Question!!

AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
Hello, just a quick question.. im 21. Suffering with domestic abuse at home. Today i visited a local lgbt center and told them whats happening at home (they also help with domestic abuse).. they told me to keep a bag packed hidden in my house incase i needed a fast route out.. also, they phoned the local Domestic Abuse Center and they want to see me at 11am on monday.. my question is.. can they report this to the police without my consent?? I dont wish for police to be involved. (P.s its not physical abuse, its emotional and phsychological)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Sucks to hear things are still so rough at home, Kayden. :( That said, props to you for reaching out to the LGBT centre. It's great that you were able to open up to them. As for the legal question - I'd recommend getting in touch with Citizen's Advice or Women's Aid as we don't really have enough expertise in that area to say anything concrete. Citizen's Advice actually have a page on domestic abuse which might have some handy info in it, too. My hunch is that they wouldn't involve the police without your say so, but age is usually a huge factor in these things so it's definitely best to get a professional to clarify. :)

Feel free to update us after your meeting on Monday, and best of luck with it. *hug*
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Please help me ;( im drunk and staying in a guys i dont want to. Please help im so scared x
  • Options
    PLEASE HELP HE'S GOING TO TRY SOMETHING ;( ;( ;(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Where are you?
  • Options
    Hi rob. He did try something but i managed to say no. Im home now. Havent been so happy that im home in a long time
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I'm glad your home now xxxx
  • Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Glad to here your safe