Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My Story

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello
I thought I'll just explain my story to you all...
For the past few years I have been sexually exploited by gang members. It involved been sexually, physically and emotionally abused by a group of older men. Living through this and still going through it now is the worse thing I've ever witnessed. I'm suffering from symptoms of PTSD so even when stuff aren't happening I feel as if it is due to flashbacks. Even with everything going on I try to hope and create dreams that keep me going.

I'm here for anybody that's gone through any form of abuse and don't mind answering any questions that anybody might have.

Thanks.

Comments

• micamica Deactivated Posts: 98 Budding Regular
    Hi Sedz,

Thanks for sharing your story with the community. It sounds like a really physically and emotionally challenging situation. Given your situation we would suggest looking into Victim Support (https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/help-and-support/get-help). It has several services, including online support,that could helpful to you. Another website is Rape Crisis (http://rapecrisis.org.uk/sexualassaultreferralcentres.php). Their services tend to be more in-person, such as finding your nearest sexual assault referral center.
    It's quite commendable that you remain so positive and driven with everything that you are going through, and are willing to be a resource for others in the community as well.

Please feel free to keep posting if it helps. How are you feeling today?

hugs.
    - Mica
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    mica wrote: »
    Hi Sedz,

Thanks for sharing your story with the community. It sounds like a really physically and emotionally challenging situation. Given your situation we would suggest looking into Victim Support (https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/help-and-support/get-help). It has several services, including online support,that could helpful to you. Another website is Rape Crisis (http://rapecrisis.org.uk/sexualassaultreferralcentres.php). Their services tend to be more in-person, such as finding your nearest sexual assault referral center.
    It's quite commendable that you remain so positive and driven with everything that you are going through, and are willing to be a resource for others in the community as well.

hugs.
    - Mica

Just to add to this, we'll be in touch with you privately to talk through these potential options with you. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is this gang still doing this to you?
    Robert wrote: »
    Is this gang still doing this to you?
    Unfortuently yes. However, the police, social service, school, housing and my psychologist are aware and are trying to do everything to keep me safe. Thanks for the question
    mica wrote: »
    Hi Sedz,

hugs.
    - Mica

Thanks Mica and Mike I will check this out and I'm feeling fine.
    Where are they targeting you? At home? In the street?
    Where are they targeting you? At home? In the street?

Well on the streets. Mostly on my way to school. They know where I live so they wait for me next to my house
    Are the police aware of that? If so, why haven't they arrested them?
    Are the police aware of that? If so, why haven't they arrested them?

Well the police is aware of the situation but as I don't want to give a statement or take it to court they are instead putting the gang under surveillance and are trying to catch them out that way. I have provided the police with the information they need and they are keeping me anonymous.
    Why don't you want to give a statement or take it to court?
    Why don't you want to give a statement or take it to court?

Like I said I wanted to be kept anonymous and I've had a meeting with all the professionals involved and they seem to think it's a good idea too
  • DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Sedz,

Hope you're having a better day today. Really good that you've reported to the police and completely respect that you've decided to stay anonymous! As long as you feel as comfortable as possible, that's all that matters. If you need anyone to talk to or any guidance, we are all here for you.

Have a wonderful day,
    Drea:heart:
    Hey Sedz
    Hope things are on the up, I went through a similar thing so I know how much courage it takes to report it to the police.
    Are you family/ police/ therapist etc giving you enough support?
    Yes they are. However school just seem to treat me differently from other students which makes me feel weird sometimes.
    Who at school treats you differently - and in what way(s)?
    I wouldn't say they are treating me in a bad way. They are actually being very kind. However sometimes when somebody keeps asking if you're okay can be annoying.
    Does everyone at school know about the gang and what they're doing to you?
    Does everyone at school know about the gang and what they're doing to you?
    Yes. Majority of the teachers know.
    How about the students?
    How about the students?
    No they don't know.
    Hi

I'm sorry to hear teachers are treating you weird. I understand that annoyed feeling of being asked are you ok repetitively. Because for me it just reminds me that maybe I'm not ok almost like it reinforces it.

I hope things get easier soon. Keep safe.
    turtle09 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm sorry to hear teachers are treating you weird. I understand that annoyed feeling of being asked are you ok repetitively. Because for me it just reminds me that maybe I'm not ok almost like it reinforces it.

I hope things get easier soon. Keep safe.
    Thanks
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Hi Sedz I'm so sorry for what these people have done to you. No one deserves to be treated in this way!

I'm glad that police and other professionals are involved to help keep you safe.
    Is there anyone you can walk to and from school with as like a safety buddy?

Hope things are looking up

EmmaXx