Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Split personality

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
Oh god, I do get myself into some bother sometimes. I sometimes wish I would stop this because it confuses my mind so much. Its so rare and not a lot of people admit it but more people do it than you think especially with split personality's. Speak to eachother on the same website, make different accounts and talk to eachother, help eachother, advise eachother. There's a lot of stigma that this is naughty and a bad person for doing so but I disagree. I'm not a bad person I just have more than one person inside of me. I don't know how this post is going to go as I am unsure of what people will think but this is just honesty. I sometimes wish I could stop it but like most other things I have no control over it happening.

Ps I will say I haven't done that on here.

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,673 Skive's The Limit
    Hi Steph.
    There is a lot of stigma around personality disorders and mental health which is ashame but its great that you could twll us this. Do you have a diagnosis of spilt personality disorder?
    I completly agree with you it doesnt make you bad. No one should judge anyone for doing those sort of things because its a mental illness. Something that anyone could find themselves doing. And like you said its out of control and cant stop it. No one chooses do have a mental illness and do the things the mental illness helps us to do. Some peole dont understand that, which is why they said it is bad.
    No one who isnt educated on mental illness shouldnt judge you for being honest and for having a mental health problem.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hi Shaunie,

No I haven't but only because I haven't told anyone about the multiple account making but it very much sounds like a split personality to me .I'm super complex though like this is just a touch of what goes on in my mind. Its so confusing. Just like with the voices and the verdict we came to with a counsellor I was working with. I'm not in control of anything like when the voices come and go I'm not in control and its just like this I dont feel in control. I feel like I trap myself sometimes trapped of an inside inside inside and its a really difficult place 2 be. Sometimes I get headaches from it, sometimes I just want to scream and get myself out of the inside inside inside. Maybe making it more complex the inside inside inside are the voices too.They hop about though as sometimes I feel like Im beng watched so maybe that's the inside inside inside aswell.
    Have you considered seeing your gp? If it is affecting you. They could give you some help so you are more in control
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    No they're useless
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Steph *hug*

It sounds really frustrating feeling out of control of things, especially when you are struggling with your mental health. As Shaunie says, I don't think this makes you a bad person; no one can always predict the effects of their mental illness.

I wonder if you have considered practising mindfulness? It can often be a helpful way to manage your thoughts and feelings and come away from the intense stress. Mind also has some useful info on personality disorders :chin:
    Hey Shaunie great to see you in GC (General chat) tonight by the way 😆

Hey Raich,
    Today has been a tough day with what I have said above^ thanks for the information. I do try mindfulness but I can't concentrate for doing it for too long
    Thank you. Great to be on😊
    Are you coming along again (tonight) it's tonight now lol..I can't sleep
    When is it next on?
    I cant sleep either ah
    Mod forgotten her name now lol said tomorrow
    Hold on I'll go and find out I need to remember when they're
    Support Chat
    Talk about anything that's on your mind. A judgement-free zone to get and give advice within a group.
    Sun to Thu at 8 - 9.30pm

General Chat
    A light-hearted chat for fun, distraction and a chance to unwind.
    Sun to Thu at 8 - 9.30pm
    Thank you. Hopefully will tomorrow/today
    I'll only be in GC for the last half an hour tonight I've got a booked chat on another site 8:00pm-9:00pm
    Oh ah same probably. Think eastenders is on at that time😂
    I've heard there's twist in eastenders. Do you know who Denise's baby's dad is?
    How are you shaunie?
    Steph95 wrote: »
    How are you shaunie?

Really not good . But Thank you for asking. Just came out of hospital
    Are you okay? "Gone on a break"?
    Why was you in hospital?

Yeah just wanted a few days away from the boards and lessen my time on here.
    I was unwell but better now.
    Glad youre back !
    👍😉