Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Huge screw up - again :(

Louu__Louu__ Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
Why do I always screw things up? I should be in Paris right now with my family for a long weekend to celebrate new year, but no, here I am sat at home :( I HATE my stupid anxiety and everything about me. No wonder everyone gives up on me because all the time I fail at everything put in front of me. But the hardest thing is people think I enjoy being this way, but I hate it. I try so hard all the time but I always fail. Maybe I should just give up trying an settle as being one of life's failures :( because that's how I feel. I've let myself down even more by going back to harming today & now feel guilty for that. I just want a break from my brain. I am so tired of this

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Louu, I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to go to Paris with your family. It sounds like you've been going through a really difficult time with your anxiety. It's a really great step that you are posting on the boards you are really brave. Anxiety affects many people and you are not alone. Anxiety is hard to control and it is not your fault in any way. With the right support it can be something that you can learn to manage in your day to day life. For some people seeing a GP can be really useful first step in seeking professional help. Is there someone close to you that you trust that you can speak to about your anxiety?

There is a really great article on The Mix here about anxiety which might be useful to read. Also Anxiety UK runs helplines, email support, live chats and therapy services for people with anxiety which might also be useful to check out.

Do keep posting here whenever you like, we are here for you :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular

Hay, don't be so hard on yourself you're still in the process of learning :)

Not again is right!! You are not a screw up or a failure or anything like that! I always say life is a journey and it isnt always a smooth drive up the motorway. Sometimes you ahve to go down the country roads, which may be bumpy and may take longer but in the end, you'll be more knowledable and have alot more experience to share once you reach the destination. I love you :heart: Don't you dare give up because too many people care about you louu. And of course, you have an awesome name ;)

Louisa *hug**hug**hug*
  • Louu__Louu__ Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
    Aw thank you for the messages. Means a lot and deep down I know what you're saying is the truth. It's just hard to take on board as things are really difficult at the moment - but I'll get there. I feel I screwed up hugely today, but that's because I went absent again and didn't even realise. I know I just got to keep pushing through and keep at it :)

Thank you guys!!!