Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I've Relapsed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

I've been 3 years recovered from Bulimia Nervosa, it wasn't an easy journey but one I needed to take.
The past few weeks I've relapsed, and gone back to my old ways.
I'm not sure why I have, but I don't feel like I have the strength in me to fight it off again - it was so mentally and emotionally draining the first time, I don't think I'm strong enough to do it a second time...

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hello PurpleUnicorn, welcome to the boards.

You are so brave and strong for taking this step and posting on the boards. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time, but you have taken a really positive step to be open about what is happening. You said that it has been 3 years since you recovered from Bulimia Nervosa. That is an amazing achievement and you should be so proud of yourself. It must be really difficult and there will be ups and downs. Is there someone close to you that you trust that you can speak to about what's going on? For some people it can be scary opening up to other people, but support can be a great help through difficult times. We are also all here for you on the boards when you need advice and support. If your not ready to speak to a close friend or family member, do you feel able to speak to your GP?

There are also plenty of online support groups that offer advice via email and over the phone – Beat (beating eating disorders) has a helpline that can be contacted on 0345 634 7650, Monday to Wednesday, 1pm – 4pm.

Do feel free to keep posting here when you like, we are all here to support you :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hi there,

I wanted to say a huge welcome to The Mix boards. It's great to have you here and you've been brave posting this. It can be a difficult journey particularly the second time around, but with time, support and strength you can get through this.

It may not feel like it at this moment, but you can. Think of it like this, it's a long, difficult road that may take time and direction to get Along, but at the end is your destination (recovery) and you'll get there with time like you did before.

Stay strong.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”