Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there, I'm just in need of some help.
Early September of this year my boyfriend of 5 years dumped me to go travelling for several months, within a month he had already started seeing someone new whilst away and its been really hard to get over. Although i know its been basically 3 months, 2 weeks after he left, i found out my mum had terminal cancer. It's been the roughest 3 months of my whole entire life and i feel exhausted, lost, confused, lonely etc. I dont have any interest in going out and meeting people, i feel like i've lost all my confidence and sometimes i could cry for hours and hours. Because i'm a carer for my mum, i dont have the chance to meet people, so i feel myself getting more and more isolated. I have no idea what to do or how to get myself out there and get my confidence back. I dont want to be lonely forever

Comments

• Options
    DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Ruth,

I've just moved your post to the Health & Wellbeings section of the discussion boards just as it's more relevant here :)

It sounds like you're going through a really hard time and I truly hope things get better for you. Well done for posting this on the forum, it must be difficult but it's the first step to finding some help :) It sounds like it would be good if you could talk to someone and we can provide you with some places to call or chat to in order to know which further steps to take. Sometimes just talking to people can be helpful and you shouldn't have to go through this alone. Getting your confidence back may seem hard especially now but it is definitely doable and we will try to help you and guide you in the best way possible. You're not alone! :)

For now we'll direct you to some places where you can call someone to talk to about what you're going through at the moment and they could direct you to someone who could provide extra support for you. The organisation is called 'Samaritans' - http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us?gclid=CjwKEAiAvZTCBRDvnoOaoa2j3xISJABxPjN9BrEIogonf2EPZDkWEey9L5QOrn8gQzCqiMFIlljXyBoClunw_wcB

If you don't feel comfortable talking to them over the phone, you can e-mail them too! Look forward to hearing from you soon and hope your today is a better day :)

Best wishes,
    Drea :):heart:
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hey Ruth

Sorry about your boyfriend and about your mum. My aunty has cancer and I can imagine how painful it is for my two cousins. So I can for you aswell.

If you want to talk I'm around a lot.