Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New relationship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I have been in a new relationship for over a month now and yes I know not long but finding it really hard with my anxiety and depression and I don't no how to cope wit it all it's get the better of me all
The time all this crap 💩 going on in my head making me so tired and stress don't no what to do some help please

Comments

• Options
    NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hey Sian :wave:, great that you're reaching out on the boards and congrats on the new relationship. However, sorry to hear that you're finding it hard with anxiety and depression.

You say all the time it's all going on in your head, and making you tired - do you spend time with other friends? This may help to take your mind off the new relationship, and provide you with some support.

We have some information on how anxiety's affects on relationships and coping with depression which you might find helpful. Have you thought about sharing how you feel with your new partner? Anxiety and depression are very common, so it would not be the huge bombshell if you decide to tell them!

If you are still worried about how tired the depression and anxiety is making you feel, do think about visiting your GP.

Please let us know how you get on, we are all here for you. *hug*
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Sian,

How are you doing? New relationships can be really difficult, exspecially when you're really getting to know the person on a more personal basis, I've recently gotten into a new relationship (2 months'ish) and it's a bearer of all nightmares, because not only are you battling your own mental health, but you start pushing those close to you away, even without relaizing.

Is this person easy to open up to? Do they know what's going on for you at the moment? If so, do you think it will help for them to know what's going on for you right now? It might help to have someone to offload onto and someone you can talk to. I know this is easier said than done though, as I was worried about being a burden to the relationship, but then without them knowing about what's really going on, the relationship can almost feel like tredding on egg shells.

What kind of things do you guys both like doing together? Like one of my key motivations are going out and exploring, like going all touristy, which is more of a bond thing for us, because I'm an awful person when it comes to relationships, but if he's not willing to stay after opening up, then he probs shouldn't be with me. Have you identified what the key struggles are with your anxiety etc effecting the relationship? Maybe it would help going through them wuith us on the message boards.

Keep us updated,
    Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nikki wrote: »
    Hey Sian :wave:, great that you're reaching out on the boards and congrats on the new relationship. However, sorry to hear that you're finding it hard with anxiety and depression.

You say all the time it's all going on in your head, and making you tired - do you spend time with other friends? This may help to take your mind off the new relationship, and provide you with some support.

We have some information on how [URL="http://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/relationships/is-anxiety-affecting-your-relationship-6012.html"]anxiety's affects on relationships[/URL] and [URL="http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/depression-mental-health/coping-with-depression-5617.html"]coping with depression[/URL] which you might find helpful. Have you thought about sharing how you feel with your new partner? Anxiety and depression are very common, so it would not be the huge bombshell if you decide to tell them!

If you are still worried about how tired the depression and anxiety is making you feel, do think about visiting your GP.

Please let us know how you get on, we are all here for you. *hug*

Hello Nikki I don't really have ppl I can turn to I have spoke to him about it but just finding it really hard as been cheated on and hurt before so worried and scared it will happen all over again and it's getting the better off me I don't have anyone I can turn to as I don't feel I have ppl I can talk to as feel they just don't understand I been back and from my gp and don't feel I am getting the help I need just don't no what to do 😑
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    How are you getting on, Sian?

It can really suck when mental health gets in the way of something that feels so valuable like a relationship, but if you're with someone good natured then hopefully they can help you through these things once they're aware. How did it go when you talked to your partner about it?

I know you also mentioned you don't feel like you're getting the help you need, so I wonder how you could rectify that. What help do you feel you need right now?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.