Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Suicidal thoughts with no intention of acting on them + hopelessness HELP!

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
Hello

People always tell me that i will get through this, i will see light at the end of the tunnel and that im stronger then i think i am and that is so lovely. But i dont have any hope at the moment - i have been having suicidal thoughts for the past two days and i am emotionally and physically drained. While i am tying this i have my dad moaning at me for not going outside and for getting out of bed at lunchtime - if he only knew how hard i am finding everything - i know if i told him he would either not care at all or completely exaggerate/blow up the situation and take me into hospital.

I just want to be listened to - i DONT want to have to ask a thousand questions!! - everything seems like a struggle and im not enjoying absolutely anything. I cant believe i am saying this; i cant handle life and i dont want to be here anymore.
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi Jess, sorry to hear you're going through this, and how hard life seems. However, it's great you're reaching out. I can promise everything will get better in time, and you are stronger than you think!

I know you said that your dad would exaggerate, but is there any way you can open to your dad on how you're feeling? Or trusted friends? Obviously not disclosing the full extent, but that you need a bit of time to get back on track?

As you are emotionally and physically drained, try to give yourself some care. Maybe as simple as eating comfort food, or watching a funny film you once enjoyed.

Please keep talking on here, we're all listening. Sending lots of hope and hugs. *hug*
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Nikki wrote: »
    Hi Jess, sorry to hear you're going through this, and how hard life seems. However, it's great you're reaching out. I can promise everything will get better in time, and you are stronger than you think!

I know you said that your dad would exaggerate, but is there any way you can open to your dad on how you're feeling? Or trusted friends? Obviously not disclosing the full extent, but that you need a bit of time to get back on track?

As you are emotionally and physically drained, try to give yourself some care. Maybe as simple as eating comfort food, or watching a funny film you once enjoyed.

Please keep talking on here, we're all listening. Sending lots of hope and hugs. *hug*

Hello Nikki,

I have no one to talk to - majority of my friends have now gone to university so we rarely talk and i also dont want to put more worry on their shoulders and telling dad is not an option at the moment.

I am so upset, fed up and want to give up on this battle because it is too hard - i feel trapped.

- James Arthur (YOU)
    Hi Jess, I understand. In the meantime, it might be worth seeking support in ways that are more comfortable for you. Reaching out on our forums is one way, and helplines that will listen could help you feel less isolated - especially if you prefer to hear someone's voice. Sane, and SupportLine are great places to start.

Have you previously used any helplines when you have had similar feelings? Or other methods?

Also in emergency, please do not hesitate to contact Samaritans or extreme cases, your local A&E.

Do let us know how you get on.

Sending hugs *hug*
    Nikki wrote: »
    Hi Jess, I understand. In the meantime, it might be worth seeking support in ways that are more comfortable for you. Reaching out on our forums is one way, and helplines that will listen could help you feel less isolated. Especially if you prefer to hear someone's voice. Sane, and SupportLine are great places to start.

Have you previously used any helplines when you have had similar feelings? Or other methods?

Also in emergency, please do not hesitate to contact Samaritans or extreme cases, your local A&E.

Do let us know how you get on.

Sending hugs *hug*

Thank you for replying so quickly Nikki,

I normally contact the samaritans when im feeling this low so i will get in contact with them again.

Thank you for the support.

- James Arthur (YOU)
    Hey Jess, how are you getting on? :wave: Did you manage to talk to Samaritans, and if so, were they helpful in relieving some of your thoughts?

Hope you have found some light within your current situation. *hug*
    Hello Nikki,

I managed to contact the samaritans and they were really helpful; i guess i just needed to someone to listen to me who i knew wouldn't judge me at all' yes i still get suicidal thoughts but definitely not as bad as they were back then.

Thank you for the support, it means a lot. *hug*

- James Arthur (YOU)