Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

When is it okay to give up?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I honestly wonder how much longer my fear of dying will be strong than my will to live. Thinking about it the only thing that's keeping me alive is my fear of the Unknown. But what happens when I'm no longer afraid? What if living becomes even scarier than dying? I mean I don't really know what I love about life. im kinda a pathetic person who's only joy in life is imagining scenarios in my head where I have friends and life works out for me. But what happens after my imagination dies? Should I go with it? I don't really have anyone that cares about me and everyday is an ongoing struggle. Is life really worth all this misery? I try and I try and I try but how do you know you've tried too much? Sometime I really wish someone would care about me but then I have to ask myself; am I really with caring about?

Comments

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Leanne ~I believe every person is worthy of care and love. Why are you scared of dying?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it's because I don't know what comes after and the idea of everyone continuing they're everyday lives after I'm gone just makes me think that I was right all along. It would be like I'm really not needed.
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi @Leanne45 :wave: Thanks for your post on the boards, you've done a really positive thing by posting here about how you're feeling and what's going on for you at the moment. It's been a while since you posted this thread, how are you feeling at the moment? How long have you been feeling this way for? You mentioned that you try and try, would you be able to let us know a bit more about your situation and what's been going on for you? We're here to try and help and support you as best we can, it's really positive that you're talking here about what's going on and you're reaching out for some support. Sounds like things have been tough but you're being really brave to write about it here.

Not sure if you've heard of the organisation SANE but they offer information and support and might be useful to have a look at. If you feel like everything is getting too much to deal with we'd urge you to contact a crisis support service such as Samaritans or Papyrus or to contact the emergency services on 999.

We're here to listen to anything you want to talk about, feel free to post more if you'd like to :)