Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Strange change in how I'm feeling.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everybody,

So I've struggled with really bad anxiety for as long as I can remember and about six months ago I went to the doctor and got given medication to help with it. It's definitely helped because I can do normal things now without getting excessively anxious. For about the last few months though I've really just not felt right or like myself at all. I've been feeling 'okay' like almost happy but there's no reason to be like that, nothing has changed in my life. Normally I would be grateful for feeling 'happy' but as crazy as this might sound.. it feels like my head is telling me to be happy and I have to obey it or something. Maybe I'm really bad at explaining this. I don't feel stable, I feel like this mood could crash at any moment leaving me feeling depressed again. I've not been feeling anything much negative apart from getting annoyed at things quite easily and just not having the patience to put up with the world. The main problem is my bran is running like a million miles per hour.. If I don't constantly keep myself occupied.. the thoughts just won't stop. I've had a ton of energy so I've not been tired much which feels nice because a few weeks ago I was really depressed and had no motivation at all, heck it took all my energy just to get dressed in the morning. The thing with the thoughts though is that when I do get tired I can't sleep because of them. I'm not even thinking of anything in particular it's just like a constant rush of thoughts about the past, present, future, anything you name it. I've tried all of my usual things that calms my anxiety to let me sleep but none of them are working.

I'm pretty sure I've done a horrible job at explaining this but I hope it makes a little bit of sense.. If you have any advice on what might be going on please let me know.

Thanks
~Cryptic

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello @CrypticM :wave:

It's good to hear that you began to handle things much more positively.

Where you still feel these rush of thoughts, it is worth mentioning online courses. I myself completed a six week course on mindfulness via FutureLearn. It can surprise you how there are other people feeling something similar to you who also think they're not making any sense, when in fact there's someone who can relate to you.

There are different meditation methods, discussions and videos which can be really helpful.

I hope this can be of some use to you. :)