We're currently updating and consolidating our community guidelines, so you might see a few changes and things being moved to more relevant places. We're not changing how things currently work, just making sure what's written is accurate and up to date.

Apprenticeships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. I'm just finishing school and not sure what I want to do in the future. I think apprenticeships might be the way forward but was wondering if anyone had any experience of this?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey, when I left school I went to college for 2 years and hated every minute of it! I was working 2 part time jobs just so I could afford to get to and from college. Finally made the decision to start an apprenticeship. I did mine at a truck dealership and went to college in Bristol for 2 weeks every 8 weeks, and it’s the best decision I ever made. I’m now a fully qualified hgv mechanic, and although it’s tough sometimes I look back at what Iv achieved and that makes me feel amazing. An apprenticeship is the best was to go as a school leaver! Earn money whilst learning! You won’t regret it!!
  • LaineLaine Horse hugger Posts: 1,123 Fanatical Poster
    Hiya! :wave:

I haven't had any personal experiences with apprenticeships but I know many people at my College who are really enjoying it.
    the mix have made an article on apprenticeships that you might find helpful: http://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-study/what-qualification/apprenticeships-9053.html

Do some research and figure what kind you would like to do and who offers them x

All the best :rainbow2:

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"So wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older" ~ Avicii

"
    All I do is sit and think about you If I choose then I lose.
    Distract my brain from the terrible news
    It's not living if it's not with you" ~ The 1975

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 894 Incredible Poster
    LaneBoi wrote: »
    Hiya! :wave:

I haven't had any personal experiences with apprenticeships but I know many people at my College who are really enjoying it.
    the mix have made an article on apprenticeships that you might find helpful: http://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-study/what-qualification/apprenticeships-9053.html

Do some research and figure what kind you would like to do and who offers them x

All the best :rainbow2:

We've all done it, but....

The thread is over a year old 😂😂

Well done Lane lol
  • LaineLaine Horse hugger Posts: 1,123 Fanatical Poster
    Dang it i didn't check 😂

I was struggling to find threads so i just dug around and didn't check Aidan 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"So wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older" ~ Avicii

"
    All I do is sit and think about you If I choose then I lose.
    Distract my brain from the terrible news
    It's not living if it's not with you" ~ The 1975

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille