Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Apprenticeships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. I'm just finishing school and not sure what I want to do in the future. I think apprenticeships might be the way forward but was wondering if anyone had any experience of this?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey, when I left school I went to college for 2 years and hated every minute of it! I was working 2 part time jobs just so I could afford to get to and from college. Finally made the decision to start an apprenticeship. I did mine at a truck dealership and went to college in Bristol for 2 weeks every 8 weeks, and it’s the best decision I ever made. I’m now a fully qualified hgv mechanic, and although it’s tough sometimes I look back at what Iv achieved and that makes me feel amazing. An apprenticeship is the best was to go as a school leaver! Earn money whilst learning! You won’t regret it!!
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hiya! :wave:

I haven't had any personal experiences with apprenticeships but I know many people at my College who are really enjoying it.
    the mix have made an article on apprenticeships that you might find helpful: http://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-study/what-qualification/apprenticeships-9053.html

Do some research and figure what kind you would like to do and who offers them x

All the best :rainbow2:

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Dang it i didn't check 😂

I was struggling to find threads so i just dug around and didn't check Aidan 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld