Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Letting go of life.. cant cope.

AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
Hi.

I havent been on in a while. I stopped drinking but i dont have any coping strategies anymore. Im not in the hostel anymore. My friends dont want to be around me because ive turned flat in emotion and i barely speak at all anymore. I cry a lot and dont know why. Im suicidal. I dont know where to turn. Psychs have told me they are not sure what they can do for me. I dont have anyone, im struggling so much and dont know what to do anymore. I cant cope.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Kayden,

The timing of this is quite spooky as just yesterday you popped into my head and I was wondering how you were doing. I'm really glad you've felt able to post, but sorry that you're struggling so much. *hug*

You say you don't have any coping strategies anymore. This suggests that you have been able to identify ways to cope in the past but right now they seem out of your reach. Are you able to reflect on what those have been in the past and perhaps identify why they seem so hard now?

I can tell it might be hard to see stopping drinking as an achievement at the moment - I just wanted to recognise how well you've done to maintain it - that takes a lot of strength and determination.

I'm sorry to hear that psychs have told you they are not sure what they can do for you - I wonder if you have any thoughts about what you might like them to be able to do?

Given your suicidal thoughts, it's important that you continue to reach out. I'm not sure if you have a phone at the moment, but you may want to try out the 'stay alive' app. Here's a bit of info about it:
    This app is a pocket suicide prevention resource, packed full of useful information to help you stay safe. You can use it if you are having thoughts of suicide or if you are concerned about someone else who may be considering suicide. In addition to the resources, the app includes a safety plan, customisable reasons for living, and a life box where you can store photos that are important to you.
    Grassroots Suicide Prevention is a charity that supports communities to prevent suicide. We teach suicide prevention skills to community members and professionals. We work hard to raise awareness of suicide prevention and reduce the stigma surrounding suicide. Grassroots Suicide Prevention is not a crisis service.

You might also find it helpful to talk to someone 1-2-1 to help make sense of your feelings and fears. Have you tried Samaritans before? Another option is Papyrus

You're not alone - and remember you're welcome to visit our live chat through the week too.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Hi Helen.

My previous strategies were drinking and self harm i live at home now and unable to do it. I dont know how others can help me when i dont know how to help myself. Im emotionally flat and really struggling to cope.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    As a first step, it might be helpful to get some perspective on the things that are affecting your thoughts processes at the moment. What things are going on right now - whether it be thoughts you're experiencing about past or things going on around you, that are stopping you from feeling able to move forwards?

If your'e able to tap into what's most upsetting for you, then it may be easier to figure out what kind of support you would benefit from.