Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Pregnancy: do you know your rights? [Quiz]

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Here's some food for thought:

35Q6gSe.png

Not sure about you, but 25% seems pretty high to me. Being pregnant can involve some pretty big changes to your life, so experiencing extra stress at work isn't exactly ideal.

The people that came up with that stat (the Equality & Human Rights Commission) have done a load of research and found that there are a couple of main reasons it's so high: 1. Discrimination and 2. younger mothers are less likely to know their rights. Take a look at the full findings here.

So they've designed a quiz to test your knowledge of your rights when pregnant and working.

Take the quiz here

Once you've had a go, let us know how you got on!

Was there anything you didn't know?

(I was a little fluffy on a couple!)

James

Comments

• louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    I got 100%. I think this information need to be spread more widely though as alot of people are bullied/pressured into things they dont have to do!
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Nice one Louisa! Good to hear you know your stuff :thumb:
    Looking at the sats, I'd say you're completely right there - it does seem like lots of people feel pressured into doing things they don't have to.

What would you do to spread the word?

Has anyone else done the quiz?
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I did it, got 100%. But I can fully understand how someone may not be able to fully exercise their rights - especially in smaller firms they are probably more likely to pull on your emotional strings to get you to come back earlier / not fully conform to the law.
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I only got the first one wrong- thought it was 25 weeks instead of 52 weeks, as 6 months would be approx 24 weeks (6x4 weeks).

Agree with both Louisa and Kate.