Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Help I need to know!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay today as I was walking home with some friends we all split into two and the guy I was with asked me to walk a certain way with him and I said yes because I sometimes go that way myself but as we got to the end of the ally he said "wait a second" but when I turned he pinned me up to the fence and started kissing me, yea I kissed back because it's just what you do and I've known this lad my whole life but then he started touching me inappropriately and I kept telling him no and I had to go but he didn't let me get my words out because he just kept kissing me and asking if I can spear 5 minutes and I feel horrible now, is this sexual assault??

Comments

• Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Morning SNB. This sounds like a really horrible experience for you - I really hope you're holding up ok.

Have a read of this article Was it sexual assault? which I hope will help you understand whether this was sexual assault, but it you were saying no and he didn't stop then you certainly didn't consent to his behaviour.

You'll see in the article that if you do think it was assault it's completely up to you as to what you do next - do you have someone you trust that you could talk to?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi SNB,

This is horrible. I can't imagine how you re feeling right now.. you sound very frightened. If you did not consent it is definitely sexual assault. I feel truly heartbroken for you, someone you known for all your life, and that you obviously trusted, taking advantage of you like that. Perhaps you should talk to someone you trust about this, that can be of support to you during this time.

All the best,

xxx
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I would say it is (the touching you inappropriately when you said no) is Sexual assult! I would urge you to report it!