Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Want it, can't have it?

AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
So being a student, having a 'social life' mainly consists of going out and getting drunk, socials tend to be food and alcohol related, tell me a social you have had at Uni that doesn't consist of either of them? When I originally started drinking, I used to get completely off my head drunk, to the point, I would attack people, scream, melt down, but I found that was down to mixing medication with alcohol. Since I stopped doing that, I found I could have a really good night and not melt down, I was lively, bubbly, and far to talkative. I used to be able to jug down pitcher after pitcher really, most night, I could go through 7-8 cocktails and not be that drunk, just really loud, but nowadays, it's almost as though my body hates it, and I don't get why, I can have a 1/4 of a glass, and feel absolutely horrendous. My eyes would go pretty red quite quickly, my heart rate would speed up, I would get light headed and all that m'larkey and I would feel horrendous the next morning (Hence the reason I'm still lying in bed). What I don't get is, why? I love going out with my friends, and nowadays, mocktails are my only option. But what's wrong with me? Why can I no longer handle alcohol? Its not like I've been drinking it that long or nowt?

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Have your meds changed? Has your diet changed? Both things can drastically affect your alcohol tolerance.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    plugitin wrote: »
    Have your meds changed? Has your diet changed? Both things can drastically affect your alcohol tolerance.

Meds have been changed around a bit, but I don't tend to take them when I know I'm going out for drinks. My diets changed immensly, cause Vegan now, don't need cruelty in my food or nowt! - But like it wouldn't stop me being able to completly drinking alcohol though? Like I legit can only manage 1/4 of a glass and feel pukey, and feel dreadful the next day, my eyes go red quite quickly too, like I don't even know why? D:
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Probably meds really - they have a long half life so are probably still in your blood even if you haven't had that day's dose.

Your body may also have lost the ability to process it, if you've overdone it in the past?