Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need a good cry

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
Hi guys, ive recently not been feeling myself not depressed (ive been there) but the sort of "sigh" and get on with it type of feeling. Ive recently been diagnosed with epilepsy (focal sezure) I dont pass out but get an awful feeling with it and some confusion and well as speech problems after with some of them. and its taken 5 years before they would even investigate what was going on so its nothing new really. But now its been diagnosed it feels so final, Ive been told no driving (at least for now) Ive trained to do child care for 5 years and have now had to have a risk assesment at work to ser if I was fit to work woth children (luckly I am unless they change)

A few people have asked how I feel about the diagnosis and I just reply "meh I get on with it its nothing new" but I fel really fed up. Im now on medication which ok is a good thing. But ive got to keep track of these tablets and incress them of doffrent dates until Im on my full dose of 4 a day.

Ultemetly I feel like a burden :( I had a sezure this evening. I was semi aware of ot (didnt pass out, knew it was happening but couldnt respond when my friend called my name) they were really good how thy dealt with it. But I feel like Im causing trouble for them as I couldnt focus on the task after. They assured me they didnt mind but :/

I feel like I just need to scream/cry or idk just let everything out and I dont know how.

Comments

• Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hey One-in-a-million :wave:

How are you feeling today?

Thanks for posting this thread. It's really good that you've posted on here about how you're feeling. Sounds like things have been really hard, we're here to listen and support you, you're doing so well to talk about it. *hug*

Sorry to hear that you're feeling really fed up and that you feel like a burden, what's making you feel like a burden?

You were saying that you feel like you need to scream / cry and let everything out but you don't know how, that sounds really hard. It's good that you're posting here and feel free to keep posting as much as you'd like to. What's making you say that you don't know how to let everything out?

We're here for you :)
  • Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Thank you for replying. Im not feeling to bad today thank you. I sort of feel like a burden because it destracts people from what they are doing. Lile the other night we were working on a paper our tutor gave us. My friends stopped when the noticed somthing was up. Then because I go very tired afterwards and loose my focous I found it really hard to consontrate afterwards. I feel like I was a distraction to them. They did say they didnt mind but I couldnt stop apoligising afterwards.

I just sort of feel that with all recent events
    E.g appointments, diagnosis, medication, tracking and making people awear that it got a bit much for me and Im feeling overwelmed/frustrated by it.

I dont really know how to express my feelings. I used to do drama at school and would get rid of anger and frustration via acting (could express anger and upset while in role play) and no one knew or needed to know that It was the way I actually felt. As well as it being a distraction.

But I dont do drama anymore and havent got time to join anywhere.

I dont know what do in my exams comimg up :/ whathappens if I have a sezure during the exam and loose my consintration??
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey @One-in-a-million :)

Seems like you're going through a really difficult time at the moment. How are you doing today?

You aren't a burden; your friends seem really caring and concerned about you. They did notice that something was wrong, did you manage to talk to them about how you were feeling? It's understandable that you feel overwhelmed and frustrated with so much going on. Having a good cry can often help to release and lighten the intensity of these emotions :yes:

It's really good that you're thinking about expressing your feelings; combining this with some sort of activity as well as it being a distraction can be a really good technique to manage your feelings. Is there anything else you enjoy doing that might help you with this? For example expressing your feelings through writing, drawing, colouring or a sport? It might also help just talking to someone you feel comfortable with. Feel free to use this space as an outlet too :)

Is your college/uni aware of your health condition? There is usually someone you can speak to about support with exams and health conditions; it might be worth finding out what kind of support is available for you :chin:

Sending hugs *hug*
  • Options
    pumpkinpiepumpkinpie Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    Hi One-in-a-million :)

Talking is the best thing to do. People close to you (friends, family, etc) should be aware that there's something up. Is there another way you can express your feelings and be yourself? What about art, music or writing? As someone who worries a lot and has low moments and panic attacks, I found that talking let all my bottled-up feelings out and lifted a huge weight from my shoulders. I also write and draw to express myself (not that I'm any good, I'm sure you're much better!) Your friends sound like kind, understanding people, and you should be able to talk to them without judgement. You should definitely make your uni/college aware of what's going on, as they will give you some guidance. If there is one at your uni/college, speak to a counsellor, and if there isn't, try finding one nearby. They're trained to deal with a lot of issues, yours included. In the meantime, try to have a positive outlook on life, and talk about what's going on.

I hope you find this helpful! :)