Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Coping with change? Tips?

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
Hey,

I have a job interview on Tuesday, for a job which I am already doing just in another setting. I am really anxious about the thought of leaving and the interview and the change. I have been at the same setting for 8 years now, and it's a long time and I feel like I am ready to move on, but the anxiety about it all is too much to deal with at the minute. Just wondering if anyone has gone through similar and have any tips on how to cope with change. I fear change, hence why I have stayed at the same place for 8 years.

Thanks in advance.
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey BananaMonkey,

Congrats on the interview firstly. Coping with change isn't always easy, and although the new job would be in the same field, coming into a new setting can feel scary and stressful.

One step you could take is preparing for a change. For example, asking questions about the role and the environment at the interview, so you get an idea of what you'd be coming in to. Often the fear of not knowing these things can make change seem scary. If the change is causing you to feel stress or anxiety, what are some of the ways you would normally try to manage those feelings?

A new job can also be seen as an opportunity to learn and grow; focusing on the positives of change may also be a good distraction :yes: We're also here to try and support you through it *hug*

Good luck with the interview :)