Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So worn out and exhausted

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm so tired. I have this big field study coming up, so it is a trip with lots of traveling. But I am just so tired. My back is in tremendous pain, and I'm moving into a new room. I have budget plans and phone calls and appointments to make and go to. I don't have a car, so I walk several miles day to get anywhere, and its just exhausting. I just spent a week on Spring Break trying to recover, and relax, but first day back I feel like I'm pushing myself already. I actually have to do all of it, and I don't know how to make it any easier when the stuff that is so much effort is cooking and cleaning and going to school - basic things! But it just all takes so long!

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    Hey, PinkGirl. :wave: Welcome to the boards.

Sounds like things are hectic! I think most would agree that it's understandable to feel so exhausted when all this is going on at once. Basic things becoming or feeling like massive tasks could be a pretty sure sign of overexertion. The mental effect of being so tired is equally as important as the physical side, too. The stress, in particular, can really cause things to spiral.

Although, can I ask if you feel that there's anything aside from the straight-up (more physical) burnout that's causing you to feel so worn out?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Hi,

It sounds like a lot is going on at once to make you feel physically tired and drained, especially with the amount of physical activities that you do daily.

Have you been to a gp about the back pain you say you feel?It's best to get that checked as you don't want it to get any worse as back problems lead to more, not wanting to scare you but you have to consider this Hun.

Do you live outside of the UK?It's just I noticed you said Spring Break and that's not a common saying in the UK?

Stay strong and take good care of yourself x
  • Options
    Mike wrote: »
    Hey, PinkGirl. :wave: Welcome to the boards.

Sounds like things are hectic! I think most would agree that it's understandable to feel so exhausted when all this is going on at once. Basic things becoming or feeling like massive tasks could be a pretty sure sign of overexertion. The mental effect of being so tired is equally as important as the physical side, too. The stress, in particular, can really cause things to spiral.

Although, can I ask if you feel that there's anything aside from the straight-up (more physical) burnout that's causing you to feel so worn out?

There is a lot of stuff that has been going on with my family - everyone is really on edge. There have been lots of changes and stressors for everyone - my sisters are struggling with choosing schools, and my Mom also had a sort of exhaustion breakdown. I was depressed for a while and I've been feeling constantly anxious...even though everything is going well.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hey, everything sounds pretty busy for you right now! Regarding your chores, is there anything that could make them easier, e.g. Getting a food shop delivered, batch cooking stuff, doing a huge spring clean at once so you don't have to dedicate time to it every day?