Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

moods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have 4 children and am so moody i get stress and agitated i stress with my partner paranoid hes cheating when he gives me no reason to think that and im so fed up of being so up and down my brain goes round like a washing mashine and i cant stop thinking any tips

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi @beefy,

It sounds like you have a mix of thoughts and feelings going through your mind at the moment; it must be difficult managing these whilst looking after the children too. Changes in mood and stress can be caused by all sorts of things. Is there anything in particular going on at the moment or a recent event that might have led to this?

You mentioned that your partner gives you no reason to feel paranoid - what do you think it might be that's causing you to feel that way?
    raich wrote: »
    Hi @beefy,

It sounds like you have a mix of thoughts and feelings going through your mind at the moment; it must be difficult managing these whilst looking after the children too. Changes in mood and stress can be caused by all sorts of things. Is there anything in particular going on at the moment or a recent event that might have led to this?

You mentioned that your partner gives you no reason to feel paranoid - what do you think it might be that's causing you to feel that way?
    my partner has cheated on me before some yrs ago i have had baby 8 wks ago so it could be hormones just want tips how to get them in check and stop being so moody
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hey Beefy,

Thanks for sharing this with us. Sounds like it's a difficult time for you at the moment. You were saying that you're fed up of being so up and down and that you can't stop thinking. That sounds hard to cope with, you're doing really well to speak about how you've been feeling though. What sorts of things have been on your mind?

You were also saying that you thought it could be hormones and that you're looking for some tips on how to get them in check. It's really positive that you're looking for some help with this.

We've got an article about mood swings that might be useful for you. One of the things that it suggests is writing a mood diary:
    • Monitor your moods – rating them out of ten. This will give you an idea of whether your mood is staying constant or fluctuating over a period of time;
    • Put a plan in action – if your mood is a level three, have an idea of what to do to try and maintain it, or to make it even lower. If it gets up to a seven, give yourself another task to help get you back on track;
    • Be aware of triggers – write down things you may have noticed in your daily life that can affect your moods, such as partying hard or not getting enough sleep;

Hopefully this article will be helpful for you, let us know how you get on. :)
    thanks i will try this the sort of things on my mind are what my partner is up to how much i hate my body since having kids and 2 c cections my belly is ruined how am i ever going to get back into work there is just so many things that go round my head
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    That's okay beefy. Good to hear that you're going to try out doing a mood diary, let us know how you get on with it. :)

Thanks for sharing the things that are on your mind. Sounds like you have a lot that you're thinking about at the moment and it's really positive that you're speaking about what's going on for you. Have you been able to speak to anyone else about how you've been feeling and about the things that are on your mind?

There's a few different things that you mentioned that you have on your mind at the moment like with your partner, your body since having kids and how you're ever going to get back into work, is there anything that's particularly bothering you the most that you'd like to focus on?