Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i am scared to be happy :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i am scared to be happy when ever i get a little bit happy something in my head tells me it will go wrong or i will fuck it up some how i am so scared to be in a good place and be happy just in case something go wrong i don't want to be in a dark place anymore i just wont to be happy even if i am on my own or with someone jusy want to be in a good place now tired of feeling tired down sad all the time sick of being scared of letting someoine in or being happy how can i change it ??

Comments

• Options
    Hey Sian,

You've been really brave in opening up about this and your feelings here are valid. It's understandable to fear our happiness being snatched away, especially if it's been a struggle to find it. When we develop an emotional tie with a period of happiness, that has then been followed by an unpleasant experience, we may often hold back from really allowing ourselves to feel happy in the worry that something bad might happen next. Does that sound like something you might have experienced?

Sometimes we form an image in our minds of what happiness might look like; do you think it might help to redefine what it means to you? It can take some determination to embrace the positives despite the negatives; but taking each day and each moment as it comes can be a good way to start :) We are here if you want to talk some more about how you're feeling.

*hug*
  • Options
    raich wrote: »
    Hey Sian,

You've been really brave in opening up about this and your feelings here are valid. It's understandable to fear our happiness being snatched away, especially if it's been a struggle to find it. When we develop an emotional tie with a period of happiness, that has then been followed by an unpleasant experience, we may often hold back from really allowing ourselves to feel happy in the worry that something bad might happen next. Does that sound like something you might have experienced?

Sometimes we form an image in our minds of what happiness might look like; do you think it might help to redefine what it means to you? It can take some determination to embrace the positives despite the negatives; but taking each day and each moment as it comes can be a good way to start :) We are here if you want to talk some more about how you're feeling.

*hug*

when ever i do get a bit of happiness its all ways taken away from me i don't think i will ever be happy again and i so very tired of feeling so sad and down all the time being scared of life coz i know something will go wrong no friends no family all ways on my own :'( maybe i better off that way less hurt i guess :'(
  • Options
    Hi Sian,

It sounds like the feelings of sadness have become overwhelming and draining. Could you give us an example of a time when your feelings of happiness were taken away from you? If you feel able to talk about it some more on here, we may be able to help you with some coping mechanisms, or talking through your feelings :)

It might be worth focusing on what has made you feel happy recently; do you think that's something you might be able to do? I wonder if there is anything in particular that you enjoy doing, for example a sport or a club/activity in your area, where you could meet new people or have a change of scene.

Seeking support for your feelings might seem difficult when you don't feel like things can improve for you, however posting on here is a really brave step forward. Is there something in particular we could do for you that might be able to help you?

*hug*
  • Options
    raich wrote: »
    Hi Sian,

It sounds like the feelings of sadness have become overwhelming and draining. Could you give us an example of a time when your feelings of happiness were taken away from you? If you feel able to talk about it some more on here, we may be able to help you with some coping mechanisms, or talking through your feelings :)

It might be worth focusing on what has made you feel happy recently; do you think that's something you might be able to do? I wonder if there is anything in particular that you enjoy doing, for example a sport or a club/activity in your area, where you could meet new people or have a change of scene.

Seeking support for your feelings might seem difficult when you don't feel like things can improve for you, however posting on here is a really brave step forward. Is there something in particular we could do for you that might be able to help you?

*hug*
    there not much that makes me happy i was happy when i was in the flat i had with my ex when we was going thought treatment to get pregnant yet he took it all away from me by cheating on me and kicking me out the flat now all i feel is darkness and sadness all the time when ever i feel happy the darkness and sadness take over and just kills it off scared i will never be happy again will asll ways be sad and in a dark place all the time :'(
    i don't no if there anything that can help just tired of having no one to turn to when i need someone i am thetre for the ppl in my life yet when i need someone they like oh look she sad again run hide :'( just wont someone to be there for me for once
    :'(