Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Expert chat about self-harm - tonight, 6:45 - 8pm

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
It's self-harm awareness day, so we're joining forces with The Self-Esteem Team to run a special expert chat all about self-harm.

Coping with self-harm can be tough. Whether you're trying to support yourself or someone else, getting the right info is really important. So we're excited to be inviting Nadz from The Self-Esteem Team along to answer your questions.

The chat will run tonight (Tuesday 1st March) from 6:45pm until 8pm. Click here to find the join button (from 6:45pm).

Here are the details:

Who'll be answering my questions?
yENMaT8.jpg?1

Nadz

Owing to childhood difficulties and bullying at school, Nadia began self-harming at an early age as a coping mechanism. This continued for many years, until she found a different way to express her emotions – through writing and a unique sense of style. Nadia is now fully recovered, through a combination of therapy and understanding her illness. Her experiences made her want to reach out to other young people who are struggling with feelings they find difficult to communicate and deal with.

What kinds of things can I ask?
This chat will be a chance to find out more about self-harm, as well as get support and coping tips from an expert.
For an idea of what this could be, take a look at our last self-harm expert chat over in the archive.

How will the chat work?
Like all expert chats, this will be open to everyone. The moderator (James) will ask the room who has a question and then ask you to take it in turns to put them to our experts. You'll also be more than welcome to chip in by sharing experiences and ideas that might be helpful to others.

You will be able to log in as normal on the night in the usual place: http://www.thesite.org/chat/live-chat

What if I can't make it but I have a question?
We can accept questions in advance and ask them on the night, however live questions will take priority. If you have a question you'd like answered then please message me with it.

Any other questions, feel free to ask below!
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    This is starting in about 20 mins :)