Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Possible spam? Also, can't PM mods...

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hi there.

I've not been here in a while. I see it changed again, it looks really good :)

The reason I'm posting this is that I got an e-mail from community@thesite.org which got put in my spam folder, so I wanted to make sure.

The text in it was this:

Hey there Indrid Cold,

If that sounds like you then come along to our online workshop this Wednesday night (24th) from 8-9.30pm in TheSite chat room.

Whether you're arguing with family, friends or your boyfriend or girlfriend - this workshop can help you learn how to manage things better and de-stress.

Find out more here: <bit.ly link removed>

Or sign up for a place right away here:
<bit.ly link removed>

Hope to see you there :-)

Jo7 (TheSite Moderator)

It looks real enough, but gmail is usually right about spam and also the beginning looks to me like there's something missing (if what sounds like me?) so I'm worried e-mail addresses may have been stolen.

I tried to PM Jo7 and then **Helen** but PMs seem to be disabled, so I'm just posting it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not sure, but the mods now use a joint account which is @TheSite so you're probs best contacting them! :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Oh, thanks for the info! I'll do that.
    I got the same email this morning, thought it was a bit odd considering the 24th has past!
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    I got that email as well - thought it was a bit odd because never had them in the past plus the 24th was two days ago.
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Just thought I'd say I got it as well, I thought it was from the volunteering part of yn.. but I didn't notice the date it said of the chat, I just ignored it because I've been to the previous ones
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey - just to clarify folks, this was a legitimate email but shame it went in to your spam and also a shame that it arrived late!

We were testing out this functionality to promote the workshop so it's great to get this feedback and do feel free to add community@thesite.org to your safe list everyone :)

As @Enchanted[/USER] rightly says, [USER="1226"]Indrid Cold[/USER] - the mods now share one main account so if you ever need to PM us you can PM [USER="95867"]TheSite account. Our other accounts are still active and we may post from them but we have turned off PMs on those accounts.

That's so that we can make sure things get replied to as we all work different days/times.

Cheers!
    Jo
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    I got this email through to my normal inbox rather than through to spam but as others say, it was a few days late. Not an issue of course, just thought it would be useful to let you know that not everyone's went through as spam.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    I got this email through to my normal inbox rather than through to spam but as others say, it was a few days late. Not an issue of course, just thought it would be useful to let you know that not everyone's went through as spam.

Thanks butterfly :yes:
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi.
    After coming across this post, I checked my gmail spam folder and there was the community message. Arrived at 05:25 on 26 Feb. I've moved it to my normal inbox now so hopefully it goes into there
    Elle.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    ALL of my emails seem to be coming in late after the new mod account. like before, i used to get an email as a pm arrived. but now its a few days later sometimes after ive allready replied!!
    louisa982 wrote: »
    ALL of my emails seem to be coming in late after the new mod account. like before, i used to get an email as a pm arrived. but now its a few days later sometimes after ive allready replied!!

Thanks for letting us know @louisa982 - we'll get the tech team to look into it for us - sounds really frustrating!