Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

NEED HELP FAST PLEASE!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Since being about 11 I've always noticed I've been a bit different to everyone, I've done a lot of mad things, self harming being a recurring problem, first few times it was because I felt like I deserved to feel pain, then I started doing out of impulse, but recently I've just been doing it feeling emotionless like I can feel the pain, I'm an emotional girl, anything that gets said to me I take it to heart I don't mean to but I always do this means I do daft things, I also have problems in relationships, I get so obsessive its caused all the lads I've spoke to, to leave me because they can't handle how bad I am, I always think they're speaking to other people and I'll always be checking up on them it's so bad. I need help I've always had problems in near enough every aspect of my life. I just don't know what to do I try speaking to my counsellor but doesn't seem to be going anyway I feel as though she's dragging it out because I'm gonna be 18 and she won't have to see me anymore. I feel like everything I say to her she just wants to brush off and keep saying I'm fine but I know I need something to sort me out it stresses me out more when she tells me I'm fine because I know something.

Comments

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey there, welcome to the boards ​and nice one for opening up here :)

It seems like there's a lot going on for you. You've touched a few things there, from self-harm, and the relationships in your life, to the way you react to things people say and your counselling. All in all, it sounds like things are really tough for you. While it's positive that you have some support, I get the impression that you're not really finding it super helpful at the moment?

Something that seems to come across from what you've said is that you tend to think things through quite deeply. For example, being worried that the lads you're with are seeing other people, or that your counsellor is trying to draw things out until you're 18. Would you agree with that?

Do post back and let us know how you are and what you think about the above :)

James
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi James,

Thanks for the post back, I do have a problem with over thinking but its not till after one dome something like when I'm I'm the process of doing something ill just do stupid things and a lot of the time it gets me in trouble or it puts myself in danger or others.

I just don't really know what to do or what's up with me in general because I know there's something not particularly right about me, its not like I'm talking myself down I just feel like I'm screaming at people to help and sort me out but notuings being done they're just brushing me off saying stuff like aw you're just attention seeking, well yeah maybe I am but if no ones helping me what am I expected to do. Your sit and be upset for the rest of my life because I don't know what to do.. Makes sense to just leave someone to do something possibly even stupider. I'm sure someone with take notice when its too late to help.

Sorry it's just stressful when people are just telling you it's all okay when I know its not.

Thanks
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hi secretginger,

Just wanted to reach out with a big *hug*

My advice would be don't give up- keep pushing for the support you deserve. Have you discussed how you feel with your counsellor (that's shes brushing you off etc.). Also you could always go back to your GP- perhaps they could refer you to adult mental health services?

Its also important to develop an inside support network- have you confided in any friends or family?

If you feel your in crisis, please seek help- whether that's by phoning a helpline or going to A&E if you feel you can't stay safe. Samaritans can now be called for free on 116 123 or via text, email or visiting a branch. You do deserve support :heart:

Keep us updated, if you feel it helps :)

Wishing you all the best,

Apandav
    Hi Apandav,

I have asked to be referred and they are referring to an adults one. Thank you for all the nice words, I have spoke to some of my but I guess they don't want to believe what they hear

Thanks
    Hi Apandav,

I have asked to be referred and they are referring to an adults one. Thank you for all the nice words, I have spoke to some of my but I guess they don't want to believe what they hear

Thanks

Hi Secretginger23. It seems like your counsellor just can't be bothered doing his/her job in helping you, I'm glad you're seeking out a new counsellor and hopefully this time you'll have more luck. Sometimes when people don't listen or just think you're faking it or whatever you need to show them that you really do need help. Do whatever it takes to convince them to help you otherwise you'll just go on and on without getting the proper help you need and deserve.

Best of luck :)
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hi Apandav,

Thanks

I'm glad to hear that they are making a referral to a counsellor from adult services. How do you feel about this and the move to a another service?

Sometimes it hard for loved ones to hear that your struggling, are they supportive though?

We are hear to listen :heart:

Keep posting if you feel it would help! :)