Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Could I be owed a tax refund

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
Hi guys going back to July 2013- September 2013, I had a summer job and when paid I was stopped tax. Because I was only there for a few months my parents think I could be owed money back as it was a temp job and I didnt earn enough over the tax paid year?

Same again in 2014 June- October had a temp job and paid tax.

My parents seem to think they should have automaticly sent a refund out to me but I havent received anything for either jobs.

I don't really get how all this tax refund thing works, I am recently in new employment.

Help?????

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey :wave:

It can seem really frustrating when we don't really understand how these things work :confused:

One of your options might be to contact Citizens Advice - they will have a lot of information regarding your situation. You could also contact the HMRC directly with your query, although it can be a lengthy process sometimes :chin:

We have some info here on The Site on claiming tax back if you end up doing so, and if you'd like to have a rough idea what it's all about :)