Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What is the role of a job centre?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got no doubt where most of the resources of a job centre go......benefit fraud?

I'm sure this is part of their job but so is suicides, riots, fraudulent job vacancies, armed robberies.....

Also some of the people declared 'fit for work' clearly were not and died soon after. I read about someone that got his 'fit for work' certificate on the day of his funeral

I would love to attend one of the staff training sessions at the job centre. Watch these on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XLgg75stn4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpP12AhIXWE

Every time the tories get elected there are riots, suicides and even armed robberies

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You don't know why these people died, do you? My dad told me his stepdad died of a heart attack. He'd gone to bed absolutely fine... I have a few conditions which in theory could kill me at any time. Neither of which alone make me unfit for work. (although, with one, there are a few jobs I can't do)
    Urgh, why do you always post threads like this!? I really doubt anyone wants to watch the shit you watch on YouTube. Job centres could actually save people's lives. Stop making up the negatives and actually look for the positives in things.
    Ignoring one or two issues I've had with the job centre, I've not actually had any serious issues with them. Oh, and when some twat reported me for benefit fraud, (for which there was no evidence at all - I was told what the person had said) they did talk me through a few bits and really weren't that bad.

I've had a few serious issues with the work programme and the people I spoke to at the job centre were actually quite helpful.
    Ignoring one or two issues I've had with the job centre, I've not actually had any serious issues with them. Oh, and when some twat reported me for benefit fraud, (for which there was no evidence at all - I was told what the person had said) they did talk me through a few bits and really weren't that bad.

I've had a few serious issues with the work programme and the people I spoke to at the job centre were actually quite helpful.
    I must admit, whenever I walked near a job centre I used to turn my head away and need to bite my tongue to stop me from saying true statements about it HOWEVER recently I believe there are both good and bad (positive and negative) points and reasons to the job centre. The more awareness we all have, the better x