Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I need to talk to someone

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
I cant do this alone and i feel so lonely, i feel like no one cares about me, i feel lost, i feel scared, i feel confused, i feel really low, i feel useless, i feel worthless

Sorry to whoever is reading this, sorry for wasting your time.
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey, *hug*s

Firstly just want you to know that we care about you, and your not alone.

How do you feel today? We are here for you :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi jpeople - you are not wasting our time at all! As BananaMonkey says you are not alone and this is what we're here for.

Can you tell us anything more about how you're feeling? Did anything in particular prompt it?
  • Options
    Thank you BananaMonkey and cat88 - i just feel numb and like i dont care about anything or anyone anymore, i struggled so much getting out of bed in the morning to the point where i cried at college in the toilets today because ive just had enough and i am so emotionally exhausted - i cant sleep at all and if i do sleep then i get really horrible nightmares and this just come on randomly........i dont know, i just want to get on with college but i just cant.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,041 Boards Guru
    Could you do something nice for yourself this evening jpeople? Has anything helped in the past with the nightmares, they sound really horrible for you :( relaxation before bed can sometimes help - gentle breathing exercises or visualising a calm safe place.

It sounds like you're feeling overwhelmed and exhausted, lack of sleep can have a huge effect on mood so try and be kind to yourself if you can over the next few days.

If your body and mind need a rest let them have a rest, it's okay to take a day off college for your mental health, same as you would if you had the flu *hug*

-Jo7

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    Hi Jo,

ive got so much media coursework to do so haven't got much time to myself this evening and nothing in the past has helped me with the nighmares - i just stay up and either sing to myself or just stay up for the rest of the night then drag myself out of bed in the morning (i guess i sing to calm myself down) and yes my lack of sleep is just making me feel really agitated and overwhelmed with everything and is also causing my panic attacks to come back as bad as ever and yes i could take a day off but my parents dont understand mental illness at all so im sure they would say that its no excuse to have a day off. :banghead:

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Always here
  • Options
    Thank you @AnyomousGirlxo :)

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    You know the feeling where you feel like everyone is against you?...........well thats me at the moment

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    Hiya Sweet,how are you feeling today?x
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Sending *hug* s

Perhaps your GP would be a good point of contact with the nightmares and sleeping issues!

Ar you still struggling with your coursework? I'd advise writing a to do list and setting yourself small achievable goals e.g. finish one paragraph of an essay vs the full thing! Be sure to treat yourself afterwards, perhaps to your favourite food, listen to some nice music or watch a film! Alternatively you could get a fit note from your doctor and require an extension for your coursework, if you feel your mental health is really affecting your ability to complete your work and/ or is detrimental to your wellbeing!

Really hope things get better soon :heart: I'm here to listen *hug*
  • Options
    Hiya Sweet,how are you feeling today?x

I am feeling ok but i still cant sleep - its like im too scared to sleep because of the nightmares so im very exhausted and found out today that i failed my maths exam as well as the whole of my unit 1 of my media course - i can re-do it all but this is going to be the 3rd time that i do this maths exam and im just fed up of failing.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    apandav wrote: »
    Sending *hug* s

Perhaps your GP would be a good point of contact with the nightmares and sleeping issues!

Ar you still struggling with your coursework? I'd advise writing a to do list and setting yourself small achievable goals e.g. finish one paragraph of an essay vs the full thing! Be sure to treat yourself afterwards, perhaps to your favourite food, listen to some nice music or watch a film! Alternatively you could get a fit note from your doctor and require an extension for your coursework, if you feel your mental health is really affecting your ability to complete your work and/ or is detrimental to your wellbeing!

Really hope things get better soon :heart: I'm here to listen *hug*

Yes i feel that my GP would be a good person to talk to about the nightmares and problems sleeping, going to book an appointment tomorrow and yes im still struggling alot with my cousework so yes all your advice i will take on board and hopefully it will help - everything's worth a try and i will ask my GP about a note for college because i feel that im not really struggling as such with my coursework its just my depression with my real lack of motivation and not being able to concentrate and constantly thinking about everything and over-thinking everything.

Thank you :)

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    I'm at college in maths, just want to cry, should of stayed at home. I CAN'T DO THIS!!!

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    jpeople111 wrote: »

I am feeling ok but i still cant sleep - its like im too scared to sleep because of the nightmares so im very exhausted and found out today that i failed my maths exam as well as the whole of my unit 1 of my media course - i can re-do it all but this is going to be the 3rd time that i do this maths exam and im just fed up of failing.

This happens to the best of us Hun! And many have been/are going through this. You're not alone! Think positive, though I understand this is quite hard at times :s

Glad you';re feeling okay-Still that way today?x
  • Options
    Today was really bad, my day consisted of crying because so stressed, my teacher questioning me,kept asking if I was ok, finding out that I have failed another one of my units for media and getting kicked out of lesson.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    Can you talk to anyone at college? Is there any counselling service there? Can anyone speak for you there?
  • Options
    You'll be okay and you'll get there :) x How are you feeling today?x
  • Options
    LedZep5 wrote: »
    Can you talk to anyone at college? Is there any counselling service there? Can anyone speak for you there?

Yes but there is only one counsellor at my college and ive seen her before and im never ever going to see her again, she was horrible.........long story

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    You'll be okay and you'll get there :) x How are you feeling today?x

I am feeling a lot better today - still feel so stressed and feel like i want to scream at everyone but other than that im feeling a lot better, i spent 11am - 7pm doing media coursework as im a failure.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    You're not a failure.I understand how that feels and what that is like. 'fail to prepare,prepare to fail'.If you do not try hard you are less likely to succeed and get to where you want to be.The thing which is making you a failure is the fact you feel you're struggling..:s

i understand you're feeling stressed though and I know how you feel.I'm the same as that and a lot of other things as well :( Stay strong and you'll get there :)

Also just curious,who's on your avatar picture?xx
  • Options
    Hi Hann,

Yes the fact that I'm struggling makes me feel like a failure and the man on my Avatar is Kian Egan and he's known for being a member of Westlife but more well known fir winning I'm a celebrity get me out of here a few years ago.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    Ah yeah I recognise him now...Who's in the picture with him?

Exactly Hun!It's so important that you've acknowledged that.Feeling any better?x
  • Options
    It's me, i met quite a while back when i was back in school - i skived the morning off school to go and meet him at a local radio station, yes i am feeling better, im still trying to complete all this media coursework which is due in on Tuesday, seems never ending x

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    Wow!How old were you there?So,you skived off school to meet him then hehe?!Skiving isn't great at all but meeting him must have been really lovely and worthwhile haha :) I also have a lot of work and a deadline nearing...16 essay questions to write and additions to make to another unit of coursework with a deadline of Wednesday AND I work 8-30-6 and suffer with mental health issues on top of that :( x
  • Options
    I was 16 years old and yep i skived off school to meet him.....well my mum called in to say i will be late as i have a dentist appointment but really i was going off to meet Kian and yes he was so lovely and thats when my interest for radio presenting started so i spoke to the radio presenter as well and got some advice and also got the presenters business card.

Oh god, that seems like a hell of lot of things to do, i managed to fail two whole units.....yep im one of those people who fail because im always too scared to ask for help, my course is 100% coursework as well - good luck with everything and i wish you all the best, YOU CAN DO IT! x

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    Ah bless ya Hun,that sounds really lovely and it's good you found interest in presenting/radio hence the media course eh ;) You will get there and perhaps setting small targets or making a working timetable will help you?

Thank you.Lets just say if i dont pass this unit of one of my courses,im off :( x
  • Options
    Yes, funnily enough im actually creating a timetable now and if i dont pass these two units then im off the course as well x

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    Well that's good then.See,you're trying hard and taking action and using your initiative so well done you.

Hope it helps x
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Jpeople :wave:

How you doing today ? *hug*s
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Hiya BananaMonkey,:yippe:

I am feeling a bit better today, thanks for asking x

- James Arthur (YOU)