Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Panic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all
I'm sure no youth but I've been having panic attacks every night and not sleeping. My husband is on a trip, I'm in a new house, town, state, alone and very scared. I don't know anyone. What to do??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi sorry to hear about what you're going through. As someone who's also been through the same thing I know how you feel. This may sound easier said than done but taking deep breaths whilst cupping your hands around your nose and mouth eases stress, it really works. Maybe try some ASMR vids on YouTube, relaxing music, things which release a relaxing scent I.e. candles or anything else that helps you unwind and reach a state of peacefulness.

Another method you could follow is writing down what's causing the stress, when these panic attacks occur and how all these changes you mentioned as it seems you're out of your comfort zone and show/talk about it to a friend or someone you trust.

If you go to www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Anxieties/Pages/self-help.asp there's some tips & advice that may help.

I hope you get through this & keep strong. Wishing you all the best and I hope this helps 😃 Gemma