Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Moving from England to Amsterdam- work too!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
I am looking to talk to someone who moved from the UK to Amsterdam. Need some advice and some questions answering :)

Anyone help?

Thank you
Carly

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Carly,
    Welcome :) I've never lived in Amsterdam, but do know of people who have. If you post your specific questions here then I'm sure a few of us will be able to help!

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I have never lived in Amsterdam / The Netherlands but I did move from the UK to Germany a few years back for work so let me know if you have anything general I might me able to help with!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello :)
    Thanks for your reply.
    Do I need to look into a working visa? How did you go about getting a job over there?

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Carly, there's a website full of info for people looking to move over and work in the Netherlands - here's the link: http://www.expatica.com/nl/

The link that seem most relevant to your search:

Working in the netherlands finding a job (includes info on permits etc)

Hope that helps :)

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey good luck with the move (sorry if this message is late in case you are already there). It can be daunting moving countries as it takes you out of your comfort zone for a bit, but you'll be settled into a new routine in no time and new beginnings open up a lot of new opportunities. Sadly I've never visited Amsterdam-quite envious of you, but not in a bitter way- but I've heard its really great out there. Good luck with work as well I'm sure it'll be great. :)