Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My turn for an update - new year changes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey peeps :wave:

On the back of Helen's update I also wanted to let you all know about a change in my work/life routines which means you'll be seeing less of me about the place in the New Year.

I've worked on TheSite for 8 years now :eek: and over the last year have also been studying and training as a counsellor one day a week. The time has come where work and study are getting a bit much as I am in my final year now and so I need to take some more time out to complete my course and get qualified!

So, I'll officially be leaving YouthNet at the end of the month as a full time member of staff.. HOWEVER, I'll still be working remotely (from home) two days a week and I'll still be helping out with chat so you're not getting rid of me :d

What it does mean is that things like the way we answer PMs will probably change a bit and James will be your first point of contact for things - but we'll confirm all that in due course.

I just wanted to let you all know in case you wondered where I was or heard rumours I was leaving!

Attachment not found.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aw Jojo :( this is a terrible week for TheSite. Good luck with it all and we'll still miss you even though you'll still be here a bit :heart:
    I'm already overly emotional today godddd :no:
    Aww, big hugs guys *hug*

Change can be hard to take in but as I said, I'll still regularly be doing chat and around on the boards, just a bit less than before :)
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Sad to hear but wishing you the best of luck Jo *hug*

Glad you are still with us :)

• Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Sad to hear this Jo but im wishing you all the best - its great that you arent completely leaving, sounds like you are going off to do bigger and better things and good luck with that :):wave:
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Will miss you :heart:

Good luck with things in the future.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    I've known for a few weeks now....Still planning a way to invent a time machine so you can stay :D
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    So, who else has got something else they need to announce?!
    But in all seriousness, all the best with your course and I'm sure I'll still see you around :)
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    JOSEPHINEEE :O I can't believe you're not gonna be around as much, it won't be the same without you! You all say we'll get used to new changes but some of us never do :o but it is your decision and I wish you all the luck with your course! *hugs*
    Hello Jo,

I haven't spoken to you much either but have a few times...I wish you all the best with your studies and becoming a counsellor and I think you'll be really good at it too! It will be strange not seeing you around on here as much but nice that you'll be around regularly :)

Also, I'm curious, are you going to be face to face counsellor or like an online one?

Sending best wishes your way xx
    Thanks for all the lovely messages everyone :d You are all brilliant, brave and unique and I will miss hanging out with you too.

I also know though, that you will be in really good hands when i'm not around.

@AngelFace97 In answer to your questions, I'm training in face to face counsellor but I may well do online-counselling in the future too.

:thumb:
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the lovely messages everyone :d You are all brilliant, brave and unique and I will miss hanging out with you too.

I also know though, that you will be in really good hands when i'm not around.

@AngelFace97 In answer to your questions, I'm training in face to face counsellor but I may well do online-counselling in the future too.

:thumb:

Wow, that's amazing. I admire anyone who wants to do counselling/become a counsellor and you are so inspiration to want to do that too! :)

Hope you're well and good luck with everything x