Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I had a very drunk one night stand, I think I might have a STD?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last Friday me and my friends went out for some drinks and we ended up in a night club . I ended up going to a guys house and we had unprotected sex, im very very worried. Can anyone give me some advice? I really hate clinics, and home testing kits usally take a while to come? What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    Go to your local clinic... they make you feel at ease. It doesn't take too long and I promise your fears and anxiety over going will disappear as soon as you've been and you'll be wondering what the fuss was all about knowing your ok!
  • Options
    SarahRSarahR Posts: 213 Trailblazer
    Hi MissJadeWest

I'm sorry to hear you're worried about what happened last Friday. It's easy to get carried away after a few drinks and then be faced with a worrying situation when you've sobered up. Having unprotected sex can carry risks, most obviously pregnancy, but also contracting STIs such as chlamydia, herpes or gonorrhoea. It can feel a bit scary visiting a GUM clinic (we've got an FAQ here which might be helpful), but this will be your best bet for receiving free, confidential advice on sexual health.

You can also collect a home-testing kit from the clinic and send it yourself from home. Results usually take around a week to arrive. It might also be worth taking a pregnancy test.

Staying safe when having sex is very important, although it can feel difficult when it's a one-night stand. We've got an article here about how to talk to someone about condoms and STIs which might be useful in the future.

I hope this is helpful
    SarahR
  • Options
    "I hate clinics" should not be a big enough reason to not go if your health is important to you, which it should. Untreated STDs can become a serious serious issue.
  • Options
    Not liking the thought of going to a clinic is understandable, but it's not as horrid as you may think. Most are very chilled.

Brook is a good sexual health service which may be able to give you good advice and calm your worries.

Hope you're feeling ok now, do update us if you need to! :)