Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Falling for the man at work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello! I'm glad I found this forum. This is a rough year for me. I'm a 36 year old female going through a separation/divorce after 15 years of marriage because I was cheated on. I moved to a new place etc. I never thought another man would pop up in my life this soon. A man did.....OMG!!! He is 51 years old grown, sexy, and has a wonderful personality. He chased after me and I accepted. I didn't tell him any details but was honest with him when I told him about going through a divorce and he was understanding of my situation. I told him that I wanted to start off as friends and possibly be more in the future. We keep the relationship between us a secret because we work in the same building. I'm nervous because I'm new to the dating scene and never kicked it with someone I worked with. We went out a couple of times and the last time we didn't want to stop hugging and kissing. We agreed to wait on sex even though he told me that if I wanted to he would agree.

The problem is that I don't want to lose him I noticed that he takes smoke breaks with one of my Co workers that i know she knew him before I did and I think she likes him she is 53 yrs. .old..and in his age group. I asked him if he was dating her or if he like her. He told me "no" that I was the only woman he's interested in. He told me that he was friends with a woman for a long time. he said he is only interested in me. He even asked me if I was dating another man and of course I'm not. I even build enough nerve to ask him if he only wanted me for only sex. He said "no".....lol. This is new for me. I just don't want to lose him ....it's not everyday you are deeply attracted to someone. I try to act all cool like it doesn't bother me but it does....I noticed that I'm carrying over the pain from my past relationship. He is sort of the same because I was on my phone a few times he asked who I was talking to..lo

Comments

• Options
    SarahRSarahR Posts: 213 Trailblazer
    Hi detomasleel

It sounds like you've been going through a tough time with your divorce this year and lots of things are changing. Forging a new relationship can be exciting but also a bit nerve-wracking, particularly when it happens at work.

It is worth bearing in mind that these forums are for 16 to 25 year olds, so all our info and support is tailored to that age range. However, there are a couple of places where you might be able to get some support on relationship issues:

The organisation Relate provide lots of information, advice and support services around relationships for people of all ages.
    You could also head over to The Couple Connection's Listening Room. Helpers are available to listen and advise Monday-Sunday 9-10pm.

I hope this is helpful

SarahR