Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Counselling Struggles

Hi guys..

I'm just really struggling right now. I have just come out of a very hard session and I honestly don't know what to do. I feel so open and exposed and vulnerable. I am currently at uni and I really cannot focus. My lecturers words are going in one ear and out of the other. I feel scared at what I told my counsellor. It feels so very bad and wrong to have told someone. I just don't know what to do right now. I'm supposed to stay at uni for at least another 3 hours after my lecture because deadlines are coming up but I really am struggling. I want to cry and self harm and just disappear all at the same time.

I just can't cope. :no::no::no:

- ShatteredSecrets

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey SS,

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so low right now. It sounds like you've been extremely brave but perhaps can't see that yourself right now, which is absolutely understandable because when you talk about something so raw and difficult, it can leave you feeling all sorts of intense emotions - your feelings right now are more than valid.

I know you've said you're finding it hard to focus at uni but do you think it could be a good distraction? If not, that's fine, you have to put yourself first and your wellbeing is more important than anything. If you did leave uni early for the day, what do you think you could do to relax and take your mind off things? Am I right in thinking you like walking? You could go for a walk and take some photo's - I've loved seeing your photo's in the autumn photo thread.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted, we're here for you *hug*
  • Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hey ShatteredSecrets, how are you feeling today? It sounds like you've really been struggling these last few days. I think Raich recommended Samaritans to you on another post and you said you hadn't had great experiences, but I'm really keen that you have someone to talk to about everything.

For uni in particular, is there anyone you could reach out to on the staff? they're likely to have support in place for students.
  • ShatteredSecretsShatteredSecrets Posts: 186 Helping Hand
    I'm not sure how I'm feeling. I really don't know if I feel anything at all tbh.

There is student services but they're so overworked and overrun that it's hard to get an appointment. I see someone regularly though.. when I say regularly I mean every three to four weeks. I think it's just a case of having to deal with it. I know I need to get used to it because support won't be there forever.

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.