Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Define Me

HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
Attachment not found.

Define Me is a new app online with TheSite all about helping to improve your CV, by helping to point out what skills employers look for.

How it works is it asks you to add numerous activities under 7 categories, which are "Stuff I Do At School", "Sport & Exercise", "Creativity", "Travelling", "Volunteering", "My Online Life", and "Work Experience".

Once you have selected all the activities in which you do/have done, you get to see the skills you have. The page shows you a paragraph under each activity you selected, in which you could use/edit to put into your CV.

Underneath it shows you the skills you have, shown by a grey bar filled in orange with how much you have completed this skill, the skills are "Initiative", "Communication", "Teamwork", "Planning", "Problem-solving", "Commitment", "Digital", and "Creativity".

The idea behind Define Me is to help people translate their real life skills and experience:
> I babysit
into CV-ready language to impress potential employers:
> I regularly babysit children for parents in my community, which shows I’m trustworthy and reliable. Looking after children gives you great problem-solving skills; I have to use my initiative to ensure they’re safe, happy and entertained, as well as offer reassurance and comfort when they’re distressed

Now as a user of TheSite, I have used this myself, and I find it really useful towards improving my own CV, so I definitely would recommend that those of you who are looking for help with their CV, to give this app a go :thumb: