Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Saw student nurse, got emergency GP appointment, so scared

apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
My life is over. It's going to end up real bad. I want to die. Why did I go to see student nurse?!?!?!?
I told her the truth......... She's like we need to make sure you get help!!! She phoned me an emergency GP appointment, I'm so scared!!!!

I'm sitting in a room at student health right now- just passing the time until 3:30pm. Which I'm absolutely dreading ..........

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hi apandav,
    It's going to be okay. It can be really hard when you open up and the response is to give you an emergency appointment - I've been there.
    The doctors only want to help you and try to do what is best. I hope the appointment went well and you were able to open up.
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Thanks guys :heart:

I'm so scared. Well student health were lovely- the nurse came with me from uni to my GP appointment (she offered). I can't believe they did that for me...... They really went above and beyond. The assistant , was lovely too , came up to chat with me every so often and told me she's struggled too and it helps to write things down.

Well appointment was horrible, don't like the doctor. She asked me lots of weird questions and was quite pushy. Longest GP appointment ever, must have lasted at least 30mins. I got really uptight but the nurse (from student health) was lovely and tried to calm me down. I think it helped that she came, as it pushed the doctor more.

Well I'm so scared, I'm getting refereed to the community mental health team. I'm really worried about letters, I tried to arrange something but nothing they can do!!! So just need to hope my parents don't see it. I'm just so scared for the future, I'm sick of feeling this way :(
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    OH AND I FEEL SO SAD, AS THEY CONTACTED MY OLD THERPIST - she said that she thinks uni has triggered this- I know it hasn't, uni keeps me going if anything. As hard as it is it does help. I feel so sad that she knows , like I won't ever see her again, but I know she knows :( also there is a chance I may see her (like in passing) when I go for my appointment, not ready to face that. I know I shouldn't feel that way but I feel a let down