Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Suicidal Thoughts ..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, of course this is hard to speak about, as most people would be if it's to do with suicide. I know a couple of people who have done this themselves and I wonder how they could ever do it. I realise now. I genuinely don't know what to do anymore. Everything just feels like it's falling apart and like I have no one. I've tried speaking to a couple of friends, as they have been in my position before but they shrug it off as if it's nothing serious. I understand that it might bring back some bad memories, but I helped them through it, simply because I have been in almost the same position as this before. Only difference is, this time, nothing is going right at all. I feel like my family has given up on me. I feel like my friends don't want to be my friends, seeing as I pretty much make the effort 95% of the time. I feel like work is just a pain in the backside, cause I literally feel like I'm working my ass off for nothing.

Everyone goes through there tough times, but this is the lowest I've been since these thoughts started almost ten years ago. I don't know who to talk to about this. Or how to make it stop.

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hey broken'piece, sorry to hear you're struggling so much - have a big *hug*

I'm just wondering how much support from professionals you're getting right now? Would you consider seeing your GP or calling the Samaritans for example? The Samaritans are a non-judgemental listening service you can talk everything through with - sometimes it can be helpful to just get the thoughts out by talking to someone unconnected to your situation.

You can also keep posting here :)
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey there Broken'piece,

Really sorry to hear that these thoughts have been so dominating recently. It sounds like you're going through a pretty rough patch right now.
    It's been a while since you posted, so just thought I'd check in.

How are things going at the moment?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello, I've never used this site before and I'm not really sure if I should div in and say how I feel. I don't know who can see what I'm saying but I need some advice really..
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hope you are doing okay @broken'piece *hug*

Hi @Unknownchick :wave: it's great that you have found us - welcome to the boards.

As notagain says, you can start a new thread using the "New Topic" button from the forum page. You are more than welcome to talk to us and we are here to support you :)

You might also find it useful to take a look at our Start Here section.