Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anyone play the piano ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So the title says it all, anyone play the piano ? Weather if your a student or more advanced.

How did you know that you wanted to play the piano and maybe take lessons ?

Any help would be great as i'm really confused, Thanks.

Comments

• HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I play the piano, I'm more of a beginner, I know the basics and I can play a few songs.
    I haven't taken any lessons as it's mainly messing around with the keys..
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey pink girl, just wondering why you're asking? How come you're feeling confused?
    Hey pink girl, just wondering why you're asking? How come you're feeling confused?

I'm asking because I want to figure my life out.... I've been really confused because I want to find a hobby I like and do something with it and get better at it...it kills me from the inside that I have nothing in my life like hobby.I want to know how do you know when for example if the piano is for you or not and how did you know that you want to do it. I know that I may sound crazy but I haven't found an answer yet.. I asked a few places but I got nothing.
    I'm an advanced player. I knew I wanted to play because I really loved the sound of a playing piano. Especially in classical music (which I mostly played). I started when I was 10 through school, it was 2 of us in each hour lesson twice a week up until I was 16 then 2 years after until I was 18. Haven't played much since, but occasionally. I'm not as good as I was, it's something you should stick with for life. I'm meaning to buy a piano or a weighted keyboard but they're just expensive for a good one.

If you're somebody who does something and gets it right 99% of the time, or quickly learns most things... you will find piano frustrating at the start but stick with it. I only started because we were given the option to learn an instrument, and I thought I'll give piano a go instead of doing French haha.
    Thanks JavaKrypt. :) I love music but in my family no one plays it.. I love the sound of the piano too. Yes i am a quick learner and i do find it frustrating at times but i'm trying to stick with it.. I bought a digital keyboard so i can practice on and hopefully will get find a piano teacher to take lessons.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I love the piano - always wanted to be able to play it. I think the disappearance of the piano is one of the reasons dance music is so crap nowadays.
    Weekender Offender