Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Homeless, Dont know where to turn?

AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
Hello,
I havent been on in a while. I am now homeless and i have no idea on where to turn to. Any help would be appreciated - cannot take it much longer.

Thanks,
Kayden

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you talked to the council?
  • Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi Kayden. You could also try Shelter - they are a charity focussed on homelessness. There are also two good articles on TheSite here and here which I hope could help you.

Can you tell us anything more which might help us give you some more tailored support?
  • AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Hi Melian - i am going to the council today, waiting for my friend to take me.

Hi Cat - im going to the council today and im going to speak to a housing organisation. I am homeless because i moved away for a job, got bullied and harassed and inappropriately touched so i left. Thats why im homeless but i dont want to tell the housing services this - its easy to say on the internet but not so easy face to face.

Thanks,
    Kayden
    Update : i have been told i cant see anyone until monday :(
    Hey there and thanks for posting.
    This must be a really stressful and uncertain time for you. The Council have a duty to take a homeless application from anyone who applies as homeless and to provide a decision once they have investigated your application. They may have to provide temporary accommodation for you whilst they look at your application.
    It is very difficult to advice you about your case in specific. However my advice would be to tell the Council everything. If you find it difficult to talk about, then write or type a statement and hand this to your Housing Officer.
    It might also be worth calling Shelter as they can give you more detailed advice in relation to your application. Their number is 0808 800 4444.
    :)

Hi L1ttleOne,

I went to a homelessness organisation yesterday, my case is awkward because i dont have a local connection here (i havent lived here for 3+years) i cannot return to my hometown because im too scared of the guy who sexually assaulted me and im terrified of my parents (emotional and physical abuse) so i havent been to my hometown in about 4 years now. Yesterday they said its really awkward but there is one place that MAY take me. I did have an appointment for thursday but they rushed it to today and my support worker thinks they may take me if they are rushing my assessment. I just have to tell them why i cant go back to my hometown and if its a good enough reason they will allow me to stay there. So its all counting on my appointment today, its at 4pm but im leaving at half 2 to chat with my support worker.

The appointment is with a Hostel
    I will leave an update after my appointment! :nervous:
    Loads of luck for the appointment Kayden, we'll be rooting for you :yes:
    Hi Jo thank you, as promised I have come with an update!
    I dont think I need a local connection anymore as I have been escaping domestic abuse (why i cant go back to swansea)
    They were all really nice and we spoke about a lot. They got me to do the assessment today so they could put my assessment into their meeting tomorrow!! its not served as first come first served - They do it based on your needs and if it would be suitable. They already told me today that the place would benefit me, they said they would help with my confidence, mental health etc. They said their waiting list is quite low. They know the support worker who came with me and she said she thinks i will get into that hostel due to what we discussed in the assessment today.

Hopefully I will have a phone call tomorrow saying if ive been accepted onto the waiting list.

Kayden
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Kayden, thanks for the update - this all sounds like positive progress - have you had a phonecall yet?
    Hi Helen,
    I have been up and down a lot the last week. I have been accepted onto the waiting list! Also, does anyone know anything about nightmares?? I had sleep paralysis about a year ago and it has only happened 5-6 times but it doesnt happen anymore.. but before that i used to get nightmares which WOULD wake me up.. the last 2 weeks ive been having 1-3 nightmares per night (i think its a few as they are not relevant to eachother) but they dont wake me up anymore? I stay asleep.. i would like to say that im happy to stay asleep and not be woken up but last night i had a dream zombies were coming at me and i had nowhere to run.. they bit into me and i could actually feel the pain of the bite and i would see the aftermath of them biting me (dont want to go into the graphic parts)

Its disturbing me?
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Congratulations on being accepted onto the waiting list Kayden! :)

Sorry to hear you've been having nightmares again recently - they sound really vivid and scary. It might be worth starting a new thread for more detailed replies from people. But in the meantime, you could have a look at our article about dreams & nightmares as well as our expert chat about sleep :)
    Hi Kayden,
    I hope you've had some progress with the hostel, and I hope the waiting list isn't too long for you.
    The nightmares you've been having do sound scary, maybe they could be related to the stressful situation you are in at the moment? I know personally that when I am stressed/anxious I tend to have nightmares more often and they can often be quite vivid and film like, very odd and quite scary but hopefully they will become less disturbing once things have settled down a little bit for you.

Good luck with things :)

Hello,

Sorry for the delay James and hmmm7, i have had a lot of downs the past few days.. and nearly done something stupid on a few occassions. Im still having nightmares, i had 3 last night after waking from each of them, i was very drowsy in one nightmare and couldnt see where i was walking.. i went back to sleep at about 11am and had a bad one which forced me to sit up as i jumped awake..

As for the housing side i had a phone call thursday to say they MAY have some rooms available soon (they explained someones tenancy is at risk) so im hoping for a phone call tomorrow as i know im at the top of the waiting list - they told me if the person gets moved out they will give me a ring. So HOPEFULLY i will have a phone call tomorrow.. im struggling so much, my friend has looked after me today and all ive wanted to do is smash my head against a wall, my thoughts have been messed up.. i wont go into that.

I feel.. hopeless, worthless and i wish my parents had aborted me rather than giving birth to me if they were just going to abuse me and my life was going to be like this.
    Moving into the hostel today!! Just heard they have a room for me!!!
    KaydenK wrote: »
    Moving into the hostel today!! Just heard they have a room for me!!!

Woo that's great news!! Let us know how you're getting on :)