Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Scared to book a doctor's appointment about self harm

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
I have had a day where i have just been feeling completely overwhelmed, upset and just so frustrated and angry,i dont know how to deal with my emotions anymore, i have been self harming for just over two weeks now,it helps but i just want to stop. i've had enough of feeling like this.
I have been talking to my cousin and i asked him if he could book me a doctors appointment but he said that i need to do it for myself as it would give me the first piece of independence and that i will know what i need to do when booking appointments in the future but i cant book one,i cant even pick up the phone, im scared, im scared that things are never going to get better and i will never get enough courage to tell my parents, i just feel like a wimp,loser and just useless.

''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jpeople111 wrote: »
    I have had a day where i have just been feeling completely overwhelmed, upset and just so frustrated and angry,i dont know how to deal with my emotions anymore, i have been self harming for just over two weeks now,it helps but i just want to stop. i've had enough of feeling like this.
    I have been talking to my cousin and i asked him if he could book me a doctors appointment but he said that i need to do it for myself as it would give me the first piece of independence and that i will know what i need to do when booking appointments in the future but i cant book one,i cant even pick up the phone, im scared, im scared that things are never going to get better and i will never get enough courage to tell my parents, i just feel like a wimp,loser and just useless.

You're not a wimp or a loser and you're not at all useless. Admitting that you want to stop self harming is an enormous step in itself and that takes an awful lot of courage so you should be really proud of yourself *hug*

Is there nobody else at all that you'd feel comfortable in asking to book an appointment for you? I think it's really positive that you are even thinking about going to the doctors and that screams you're being independent already. Perhaps you could try explaining that to your cousin if there's nobody else to make the appointment for you. Alternatively you could go into the surgery and book one that way if that's an option where you are. I know I find it easier to book my appointments that way rather than phoning.